Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breeding questions

4 posters

Go down

Breeding questions Empty Breeding questions

Post by Taanay 2015-02-01, 11:03

I just have a few quick questions regarding breeding.

1. How are stats determined? I know it changed generation to generation in the official games, so which generation of stat-porting (if you will) is Uranium using? I'm curious if there's any disadvantage to using Ditto to breed versus another Pokemon from that egg group.

2. I've noticed that on Pokemon that have been bred, one stat is highlighted in blue, and another in red. Does this mean anything? Will one of those stats progress faster and the other slower?

3. Can Nupin/Gellin be bred? Their egg group is listed as "Human-like", and they're the only one in there. Can I breed them with Ditto/Duplicat?

Thanks for the help. I'm really enjoying the game.

Taanay
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Breeding questions Empty Re: Breeding questions

Post by Mercury45 2015-02-01, 12:19

I don't know the answer for your first question for sure, but if I had to guess I'd say it's probably fourth-generation mechanics.

Red/blue stats are related to natures - the stat highlighted in red is boosted and the stat in blue is lowered. You can read more about it here.

As for Nupin and Gellin, since you get it from an egg I'd assume it can be bred with either of those. The wiki mentions egg moves, so that's something that'll probably have to be looked at for future.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1 2015-02-04, 03:44

I'm more puzzled that it's classified as human-like. Is it an error on the wiki or is it in the game as well? There's another set that belongs to the human-like egg group in the wiki but separate from where Nupin and Gellin belong to.
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1
Palij
Palij

Back to top Go down

Post by Taanay 2015-02-04, 21:04

Well, I got the egg group from the wiki. I'm not sure where to find the egg group in game. Does anyone know?

Also, as a follow up, does it matter as far as stats if you breed two level one Pokemon, or is it better to have at least one high level Pokemon when breeding?

Thanks.

Taanay
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by tadoke 2015-02-04, 21:14

I've been closely following many of the breeding articles both on bulbapedia and uranium wikia;
IMO there's no indication to egg group within the game. Ive been using the wikia to find matches, which so far seems to be working.
I'm attempting to breed for shinies ( *Nucleon+*Baaschaf) and (*Misdreavus+Tofurang)
Welp, I'm an idiot. Closer look at Merc's above comment, then to bulbapedia
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding#Generation_IV_2 my chances within Uranium without Shiny Charm are about 1/8192
giving up Neutral

Last edited by tadoke on 2015-02-04, 23:22; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : disclaimer, added link)
tadoke
tadoke
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down