Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic!

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 3 Empty Re: OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic!

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-14, 11:38

All right, I'm sure everyone in the US has been wondering how we'll get our hands on the ORAS demo. A code will be included in the official October Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter, so sign up by October 20 in order to ensure you get a shot at the demo!

The update will also give a chance to have the starters learn Frenzy Plant/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon. Well, okay then.

I missed this in the Corocoro stuff, but the Pokenav is confirmed to return in an upgraded form - the PokeNav Plus! It has four functions: the DexNav, which appears to show Pokemon available on a route, the AreaNav, which is a map, the BuzzNav, which appears to work similar to the TV functions in the originals, and PlayNav, which encompasses all three functions of the lower screen in XY (PSS, Amie, and Super Training!) The DexNav in particular deserves some focus, so check the page out! They're using the GBA maps in this feature, which is a nice little touch. It seems like this'll be a great way to hunt down Pokemon! Even better, you can finally register Pokemon in your Pokedex by simply seeing them in the overworld. No battle required! (Well, you still have to catch them for full data, but progress is progress.)

More site update news:

A lot of this is just a rehash of Corocoro, but there's some interesting stuff in there to be sure! And I'm certainly glad to know about the demo at last.

EDIT: Jeez, right as I finish this post up, too... people in Japan already have the demo, and two new Megas have already been seen... Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie! Crossing fingers for Mega Froslass, now...
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 3 Empty Re: OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic!

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-10-14, 12:05

Oh my gosh these new capture/encounter mechanics look sweet, the level of immersion is just what I'd always dreamed of having in a Pokemon game. Plus, I'm really excited to finally be able to encounter Pokemon in the air! These games just keep getting better and better.

Interesting how all the old cover legendaries will be available as well... I can't wait to catch 'em all!
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-14, 13:21

I just read something that makes the DexNav function even better. It seems it may be possible to capture Pokemon that have egg moves with this function, as this article mentions catching a Poochyena that knows Fire Fang with the function.

Unfortunately, it also seems increasingly unlikely that trainer customization won't be in this game... well, that's a step forward in some directions and a step backward in others.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-10-14, 15:13

Yeah, it's been confirmed that trainer customization is out, as that was really only in X/Y to keep with the fashionable/French theme of the region... Sad that's quite a bummer.

On the other hand, Mega Steelix looks awesome and Mega Glalie looks... like a Hiker? Okay...
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 3 F4aRFUV
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 3 IbYv3G9

I JUST WANT MEGA FLYGON IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK GAMEFREAK
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-10-14, 18:48

Supposebly there was 2 incidents in 2 different countries that encountered mega flygon in the demo also someone has leaked that there is a choice between mega sol rocka nd Lunatone in the demo heres the "unofficial pic" 
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 3 QLFCB9C
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by xArc_Knightx 2014-10-14, 19:05

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 3 H98EF737E
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-14, 21:25

That "Mega Solrock" is mega fake, I saw it early this morning (before Mega Glalie/Steelix showed up, in fact) and it's not been on any major sites.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-15, 21:27

Got a big one for you guys this time. People have been busy datamining the ORAS demo and found yet another new Mega that might turn some heads. Any guesses as to who it might be?

Well, it's Mega Hoopa. Yes, that's right, Hoopa. That thing that hasn't even been officially released yet. Here is a larger artist rendition of Mega Hoopa.

While this is a bit out of nowhere, this was found by ProjectPokemon, a reputable site that's known for hacking into games to find data and how things work, and posted by one of its members on the Pokemon subreddit a little while ago.

A lot of other data was found in the progress, which I haven't seen but apparently has some, but not all of the game's major data. Notably, Latios and Latias got mentioned about once despite having been confirmed to play a role in ORAS' story, meaning that even though no other Megas or interesting data showed up, this isn't necessarily all there is to find out for the game.

It's quite an extreme change for Hoopa, but I think I like it!

EDIT: Also, check out some  models of shiny Pokemon from near the end of the dex. Oh, and some of the data found mentions a "Battle Resort," so keep that in mind as a possible location to visit in the upcoming games.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by xArc_Knightx 2014-10-15, 22:01

WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE MEGAS?!
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-15, 22:24

More updates from the datamining!

First of all, there's a list of items and such that can be found right here. Near the bottom of the list is all the new Mega Stones in the game... with a lot of missing spots. Besides confirming the names "Steelixite" and "Glalitite," there's more spaces than there are known new Megas, showing that there are at least some we still don't know about.

Also, another interesting list includes some locations - amongst them are the Southern Island, A Faraway Place (mentioned four times, no less), Trackless Forest, Pathless Plain, Nameless Cavern, Fabled Cave, Gnarled Den, Crescent Isle, Secret Islet, Secret Shore, and Secret Meadow. These all sound like potential legendary locations!

There's also speculation that the new Mega Hoopa may not actually be a Mega but a regular form change. I'll keep updating if we find anything interesting out.

EDIT: Oh right, one other thing... a line of data mentioning wild Pokemon Mega Evolving. Perhaps we'll fight Mega Rayquaza in the wild!
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by xArc_Knightx 2014-10-15, 22:40

I'm seeing also a bunch of Item Datas from Pokemon HG/SS ie. Apricorns, Park Balls, GB Sound
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-16, 02:32

More data abound! First and foremost, something simple yet quite exciting - all the battle artwork for the trainers unique to this game! Here, you can see the as-yet-unrevealed gym leaders, Elite Four, and other trainer types. Some of these images are blank, but don't worry, they're supposed to be like that.

And now for some stuff that's worth putting in spoiler tags - some Elite Four team info!
Spoiler:

Have some Wally info too!
Spoiler:

Also there's a bunch of new level-up moves and stuff, such as Sharpedo getting Poison Fang, Nuzleaf getting Leaf Blade (an actual Grass move!), Oddish getting Moonblast, Milotic and Clamperl's evos getting Coil, Shiftry and Castform getting Hurricane, and Accelgor/Mismagius/Maractus learning the Kalos starters' signature moves (Water Shuriken/Mystical Fire/Spiky Shield respectively).

EDIT: There's a better-organized and more comprehensive list of tutor moves, along with some of the interesting new ones, which you can read here.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-10-16, 17:46

Just thought I'd point out:

Klefki
Covet
Last Resort
Snore
Magnet Rise
Magic Coat

dear God this thing just got even more annoying (though... now that I think about it, the only move out of those that procs with Prankster is Magnet Rise... still.)

Gonna avoid some of the spoilers for now... also I'm really excited about Mega Hoopa, what the heck even is that thing??? I love it
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-16, 18:51

You're not missing too much by avoiding the spoilers for now, I'll tell you that much. I just thought I'd put it in the spoiler tags if people want to surprise themselves toward what teams they'd be facing!

On that note, it seems that the level curve has been slightly adjusted for these games. While Brawly's levels are already known to be a little lower, I've seen the eighth leader's and his are slightly higher than the base games.

Also, I think Hoopa's new form not actually being Mega is confirmed, because it has an entirely different level-up moveset and stat changes that don't mesh with being a Mega. Currently, people are expecting it to be a more extreme take on Keldeo.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-18, 13:46

Here is a better-organized album of all the trainer mugshots found so far. The redesigns appeal a lot to me! There's also a new scuba-diver trainer class, it seems, so underwater battles appear to be a thing.

We have confirmation on how to engage Primal Reversion. Groudon and Kyogre automatically change when sent into battle holding the Red/Blue orbs, and this transformation does not count as a Mega Evolution. Nor are the Primals mutually exclusive - in fact, you could hypothetically have a triples team of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza.

(Please don't do that.)

Serebii has posted a guide on compatibility between ORAS and XY. If you have any questions on how these games will connect, you can find out here - and it seems ORAS Megas/Primals are flat-out unusable in XY. LAAAAAAAAAME.

One last tidbit - Hoopa's new form is definitely confirmed to be NOT Mega, as the item to make it change forms has been found via datamining. The item doesn't have an official name or image yet, but it's known to be a key item instead of a hold item. This also eliminates the Strange Souvenir of XY infamy as a possibility, which means that mystery remains unsolved.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-21, 12:01

Say, was anyone worried about the Battle Frontier? Well, I wasn't (never cared for it much, personally), but if you were, good news! Kaphotics from ProjectPokemon, the group behind the datamining of the demo, posted this tweet after finding music for the Battle Frontier in the files.

The link he posted has a long list of music files in the game. Ones with "SG" in the filename are for ORAS - the "SG" is likely shorthand for "sangou," which means #3 in Japanese. A clear reference to the third generation, if you ask me.

Speaking of the demo, it's supposed to be sent out to US players today. I haven't gotten my code yet, but I hope the rest of you are more fortunate!

EDIT: Oh yeah, the official website updated with Mega Glalie/Steelix/Rayquaza/Latios/Latias and a bunch of other stuff that I don't have time to link right now. Check it out!
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-10-21, 14:34

I'm excited to play the beta, though I don't know whether I'll get the e-mail, considering I made a pokemon.com account more than a year ago and I don't think I chose to opt-in to marketing e-mails, which was apparently the requirement. (I tried to register a second account but 1, they don't take multiple accounts for the same email address and 2, the name Oripoke was already taken. what the heck! I remember last time they forced me to change my screenname because they thought "InvoluntaryTwitch" was offensive, too. I don't even know.)

It's nice to hear there's some evidence for the return of the battle frontier, but I wouldn't take the presence of music files as a guarantee that it will be in there. After all, the original R/S/E had plenty of music tracks that were unused, including remixes of G/S/C tunes, Team Rocket's theme music, and the like. It's possible that it might only be used for the battle tower.

Still, X/Y was lacking somewhat in terms of a meaningful postgame section, so I really hope for something Battle Frontier-esque (or even better, the return of the tournament from BW2)!
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-27, 10:13

This doesn't really qualify as "news" but I had to share it.

American players can get a special dual-pack of OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire at Best Buy or Amazon. As the name suggests, it's a pack consisting of both games... with special codes for 200 POTIONS! (I'm assuming this means 100 potions for each game.)

...well, if you're planning on getting both games, at least you can save some ingame dosh on healing items?
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-10-27, 10:54

200... Potions?

Why not 200 Oran Berries? Or some other item that's marginally useful after the first 5 hours into the game? What a strange promotion...
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-10-27, 20:22

Just why why its the most stupid promotion lets see free master ball 100 pokeballs 3 gold nuggets? I mean maybe a pokemon? I can get a potion b4 the first gym! Btw who has the demo and who is waiting for the game and wants no spoilers?
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-10-27, 20:25

Oh and yes mercury its 100 potions each also we have i info on the sidequests in the demo tecniqually news. And i quote 

"As you play through the demo multiple times, there is a small chance that you will be able to activate the secret mission. This mission has you go to an island where there are no wild Pokémon. On this island, you will encounter Team Aqua or Team Magma and have to team up with May. The team you face is random.
As you battle through the grunts in the demo, teamed with May & her Raichu and Swellow, you will learn that they are there to hunt for the Mega Evolved Pokémon still. Upon completion, you will anger Matt or Tabitha depending on the team and they'll report back to their leaders.
This special mission doesn't provide any new items, just new battling opportunities. After you have completed it, it can be selected again at any time from Steven's options, by selecting the phrase "Let's Go Somewhere Secret"."

btw i have the demo but just for the Megas i dont wanna be spoiled!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-28, 23:27

New trailer! A lot of stuff we know, but some cool things are shown here, including Mega Evolving Latios while riding it in the air, a bit of a cutscene indicating Mega Rayquaza plays a plot role, and some neat places in the overworld.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-31, 01:36

Japan has three new trailers out!

This first one seems to focus a lot on the overworld and the places you'll explore throughout your journey. It's great to see familiar locales in the new style of graphics!

The second video is geared toward showing off the start of your journey. From the perspective of playing as the male trainer, we see the moment when we obtain our starter and our first battle with May. May's starter is female this time around!

Last but not least, this video shows off some of the major trainers you'll fight in the storyline. Shown are Magma and Aqua, Gabby & Ty, Roxanne, and Sidney.

SPOOKY HALLOWEEN EDIT: The official Nintendo of Japan Youtube has put up a lot more videos since, including a number of comparisons between original and remake, and a half-hour video featuring Japanese actress and model Hinako Sano, in which she plays Ruby on a GBA, there's a bit about transferring a Pokemon from GBA all the way up to 3DS, and finally Sano plays a new game of Ruby on the DS.

Sometimes I end up questioning the things I report on in here.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-11-12, 22:03

Oh lord, I'm tired today. Why is it leak time?

Well, at least this is probably the last leak before release (it's the last Corocoro for sure), so hold onto your seats for one last ride on the leak train!

Lots of legendaries available, like the lake trio from Sinnoh, the legendary beasts, the musketeers, and the kami trio. Here's an event with Victini, Shaymin, and Keldeo. Well, I bet we'll never see it leave Japan. Deoxys apparently appears ingame in some form, and Rayquaza is facing off against it!

Regigigas is here too.

An entirely new character, whose name I think might be Higana or Zinnia or something. Another image with him/her implying some interesting things, particularly with that rocket back there. Could we be seeing Pokemon leave the boundaries of its yet-unnamed planet's atmosphere, taking players with it? Well, it'd certainly be nice, wouldn't it?

Dunno if there's anything else, but if this is the last bit of prerelease info we get, it's been fun bringing news to you all over the past five months or so. Until next time, whenever that is!

EDIT:

New trailer.

Also, website updates: Regigigas and company, Deoxys info, and information about the "Delta Episode."
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-11-18, 11:53

️Haha im glad they have an eon ticket event i never got it in the original games but itll be an experience to do so here i cant wait what the other islands look like will they have navel rock? So much to think about
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next