Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Useful additions

4 posters

Go down

Useful additions Empty Useful additions

Post by LiitleCrow 2015-04-15, 07:33

I have additions that would help if you could add.
This is said as a streamer, so this might not matter for someone who doesn't make videos or stream.

The most helpful thing would probably be a Speed-Up button.
Since there is no such thing implemented, we have to do the grinding off screen, since it's a necessity in this game specifically.

Second thing, would be if you could make the .exe detectable in xSplit, OBS and other recording software.
At the moment, when you choose the .exe the display is not recognized, so you end up with a black screen.

It's a great game, and this would just make it even better.
I hope you can find some time to implement these things some time in your busy schedule ^^
LiitleCrow
LiitleCrow
Baashaun
Baashaun

http://www.twitch.tv/liitlecrow

Back to top Go down

Useful additions Empty Re: Useful additions

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-04-15, 14:37

(Moved to Suggestions since it belongs there Smile )

When broadcasting in OBS, you just have to choose "Window Capture" rather than "Game capture" to broadcast the game. At least that's what I use. Not sure about xSplit, I haven't used that. I don't really know how we would make it be able to be detected, that has to do with the RPGmaker software and not the game itself.

As for the speed up button, we will see, I kind of like keeping the game paced the way it is because I want people to experience it fully and not fast forward through important parts. Perhaps we'll include a speed up mode as a reward for beating the game, though. It's up to what JV wants, in the end.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LiitleCrow 2015-04-15, 16:03

Yea, I see. Just went into RPG maker and made an empty build, and yes, you're right, that does seem to be the cause of the problem.

As far as the speed-up button goes.
Of course you want that, and making it able after you beat the game might be a way to fix it.
But then again, since you have PvP, there is going to be a competitive side, which requires a lot of grinding, and the people who want to play the game competitively are most likely not going to start a new playthrough.
Unless you meant beating the game as in the elite four.
If so, my point is invalid Wink

As mentioned, this is mostly a selfish request from someone who doesn't like having to prepare for hours the day before streaming by grinding at normal speed on low-level pokemon. Just to not go further into the story without being on the stream.
LiitleCrow
LiitleCrow
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-04-15, 16:29

Well, we actually designed the game to be relatively low on the grinding side (at least before Gym 5, after which point the difficulty really starts to ramp up) ... unless you're doing a Nuzlocke run, which I suppose you are. We didn't really make the game with blind Nuzlocke runs in mind, though. If you were to play through the game a second time, after beating it first on non-Nuzlocke mode, then it makes sense to allow you to speed through the tedious stuff like grinding. But I understand that you want to have a brand new experience, there's definitely something to be said for playing the game in that way.

BTW, the best way to grind is by rebattling trainers via the PokePod; their team's levels dynamically adjust to match your own. Smile
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LiitleCrow 2015-04-15, 16:39

Yea, I am doing a blind Nuzlocke Razz
And yea, I do feel that you don't have to grind as excessively as in other fan-games, and that is a really nice change Wink

Well that is nice to know. But doesn't it only work on trainers that you've gotten the number from?
LiitleCrow
LiitleCrow
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by LoverIan 2015-04-22, 14:21

On the subject of useful additions, it'd be nice to have some ingame volume controls, and better screen resolution controls. The largest one is too large for my resolution, and the second largest takes up less than 1/6 the size of my screen.
LoverIan
LoverIan
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Astaroth 2015-04-22, 16:30

Also, the problem I find with the phones is that I can only rebattle 4 trainers that are all on different routes which is rather frustrating, and I wondered if it was meant to be one per route or if there was criteria? :L
Lucian Astaroth
Lucian Astaroth
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by LiitleCrow 2015-04-23, 04:50

LoverIan wrote:On the subject of useful additions, it'd be nice to have some ingame volume controls

This sounds like an amazing idea XD
I find it hard in general to configure the sound to a good middle ground where it doesn't interfere with my commentary and still is high enough that it still works well as background music ^^
LiitleCrow
LiitleCrow
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down