Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ability additions or alternatives

3 posters

Go down

Ability additions or alternatives Empty Ability additions or alternatives

Post by Ubrix 2015-01-17, 21:40

When I was thinking that maybe certain pokemon should get a second ability or maybe change their ability all together. I believe Nupin should get Volt absorb along side chlorophyll as a option for him. Also i believe Glavinug should get snow warning as ability when it evolves (it would kinda fit with the pokedex entry)

What do you guys think? You got any ideas for others? Go on and post!

Ubrix
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Ability additions or alternatives Empty Re: Ability additions or alternatives

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-02-14, 21:19

This is great! I know that there are plenty of Pokemon that only have one ability at the moment, who would certainly benefit from having another one. I like your ideas, but I'd actually rather give Nupin and Gellin Solar Power as an extra nod to their photosynthetic theme.

Fortog Folerog Blubelrog
Fortog, Folerog and Blubelrog currently just have Clear Body as an ability, but I'm thinking of giving them Water Absorb too.
Owten Eshouten
Owten and Eshouten have Serene Grace, but maybe they should have another one as well... Keen Eye or Insomnia, maybe.
Barewl Gararewl
Barewl's ability is Sturdy, but I think it would benefit from Solid Rock too. Since Gararewl is a little too bulky to benefit from Sturdy, I'll give it Sheer Force and Mold Breaker instead.

I've been thinking about the starters as well... currently, their abilities are Static, Flame Body and Battle Armor, that's one more thing which sets them apart from regular starters. But I'm thinking, maybe we could make Blaze, Torrent and Overgrow their Hidden Abilities?
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tadoke 2015-02-14, 23:03

I agree with all your ideas Twitch. Giving the starters those abilities would be a huge help in the beginning of the game. Keen Eye especially as it suits Owten/Eshouten's biology, even more so if keen eye works outside of battle .

One ability I really like to see is Trace: copies the Ability of the current opponent. This will tell you the enemy Pokemon's Ability if you are looking for a specific one for breeding purposes.

Last edited by tadoke on 2015-02-15, 14:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hoping for Trace ability)
tadoke
tadoke
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down