Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About IV breeding and power items for EV training

+4
Apoc_Ellipsis
Involuntary Twitch
novamaster0
Ambyjkl
8 posters

Go down

About IV breeding and power items for EV training Empty About IV breeding and power items for EV training

Post by Ambyjkl 2014-12-30, 10:08

I saw recently that ditto does exist in the online Tandor Pokedex. But I haven't found it anywhere yet. Is there any way by which I can find out in game about the IVs my pokemon have (except for the sentences like "proud of its power" etc in the summary that only give the last digit of a particular IV")? And also where to get the power items like the power bracer and power anklet for EV training?

Ambyjkl
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

About IV breeding and power items for EV training Empty Re: About IV breeding and power items for EV training

Post by novamaster0 2014-12-30, 21:24

I'm also curious, do the massages that boost stat, boost IV, EV, or just randomly boost the stat every day?

novamaster0
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

About IV breeding and power items for EV training Empty Re: About IV breeding and power items for EV training

Post by Ambyjkl 2014-12-31, 00:42

Don't those massages boost friendship?

Ambyjkl
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-12-31, 01:23

you know we haven't put very much thought into EV training features but I'd like to include them in the future. do you have any suggestions for systems that would make EV training easier? I don't think that we can implement horde battles or anything of that sort. I would also like to include and EV/ID tracker somehow.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by novamaster0 2014-12-31, 02:15

The Massages are friendship for the cheap one

Stat + 1 for the medium

and Level + 1 for the expensive one

I just want to know how that stat goes +1

novamaster0
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Apoc_Ellipsis 2014-12-31, 02:43

EV suggestions

A special training Mini-Game? (Please no soccer xD)
A special area where EVs are 10x?
Vitamins go up to 255?
Rare items that manually let you set the EVs of a pokemon? (Donation incentive?)

If you're looking for something with IVs, perhaps something with the radiation messing with the DNA of the pokemon to shuffle the IVs of a pokemon?

Apoc_Ellipsis
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by gebbeth 2015-01-17, 11:09

Involuntary Twitch wrote:you know we haven't put very much thought into EV training features but I'd like to include them in the future. do you have any suggestions for systems that would make EV training easier? I don't think that we can implement horde battles or anything of that sort. I would also like to include and EV/ID tracker somehow.

I don't know about scripts or how easy it is to add a display feature of an IV and EV checker. But I can think of a way. For EV, it is simple. You just need a counter that keeps track of your battles and displays the summary of the EV each of your pokemons gathered. (I assume you know how EV works). Items that can reset the EV counter are neseccary as it is almost impossible to EV train in the beginning of the game Wink

For the IVs it is trickier. I assume - again - that the game assigns random IVs on each pokemon the moment you meet it. Using an IV calculator (many online) can help a player keep track. I dont know if you are able to edit the IV feature. If you are, that's amazing!

A good system for EV training is to have some small regions that only a certain pokemon appears that gives a certain IV. Like gastly in pokemon tower or tangela under pallet. This is time consuming but it can be hasted using items that double, triple etc the EVs per battle.

The IV matter really hurts. It's a total disappointment to raise a, let's say, pikatchu to lvl 60 and realise only then that his Sp Atk IV is 5/30. All that time was wasted. Sadly, if the player was able to choose, then every pikatchu would be with 30 SpAtk and Spe IVs. What could be done is maybe make an Item that will give the player a random number of IV points for him to distribute in whichever IV stat he wishes. (Having nuclear pokemon makes this DNA-altering feature more logical Very Happy ) It's so disappointing when you realise that your starter is full of offensive moves but his high IVs are on HP and Def Mad

gebbeth
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryushin 2015-01-17, 11:43

gebbeth wrote:The IV matter really hurts. It's a total disappointment to raise a, let's say, pikatchu to lvl 60 and realise only then that his Sp Atk IV is 5/30. All that time was wasted. Sadly, if the player was able to choose, then every pikatchu would be with 30 SpAtk and Spe IVs. What could be done is maybe make an Item that will give the player a random number of IV points for him to distribute in whichever IV stat he wishes. (Having nuclear pokemon makes this DNA-altering feature more logical  Very Happy ) It's so disappointing when you realise that your starter is full of offensive moves but his high IVs are on HP and Def  Mad

Imho these features to make Pokemon more individual were bad to even implement into the Game, its just so that people who care about maxing out the possibilities will spend time and effort into the game doing tedious things, like you said when we can choose freely almost everyone aims for the same stats anyway, and thats the point where i would say either make it choosable without much effort or even Remove IV/EV from the Game, in the end it only affects casuals in PVP cause they dont want to deal with this stuff and the only thing it does in the end is giving them another disadvantage.

But well thats just how i think about it xD
Ryushin
Ryushin
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JV~ 2015-01-17, 12:18

I'm not removing IV/EV from the game, they are basically what makes each pokémon unique and they are a rewarding system for those that dedicate the most to improving their team. And in the end they don't even make the game unfair for those that don't breed/train if compared to those that do.

I'll make EV training easier in the future though and also have plans of implementing the destiny know as well. As of right now there is no NPC that helps you knowing your Pokémon IVs BUT there is one in Silverport Town that tells you which Hidden Power you have, which can helps you figure out your IVs.
~JV~
~JV~
Admin

https://pokemonuranium.forumeiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryushin 2015-01-17, 12:43

Yeah i said its just how i think about it but still fine^^

could you implement the IV/EV Stats into the Status Screen, like i remember there were Cheats for the old DS Games which let you like press a 2nd Button on the Stat Screen and it would swap to EV and the same fot IV

For EV Training another nice thing i saw but dont know how good it would fit into the game was a NPC with a Field of Grass, you get the option which Stat you want to Train, and the Grass Patch contains only Pokemon which yield said EV gain making them non-catchable, maybe bad ideas but maybe its something who knows xD

EDIT: Or just making refightable weak Trainers with a Team of 6 Pokemon of a specific EV?
Ryushin
Ryushin
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by gebbeth 2015-01-18, 12:55

~JV~ wrote:I'm not removing IV/EV from the game, they are basically what makes each pokémon unique and they are a rewarding system for those that dedicate the most to improving their team. And in the end they don't even make the game unfair for those that don't breed/train if compared to those that do.

Obviously you shouldn't! And yes it's a good reward because it is based on effort. EVs give a huge advantage to trained over untrained NPC pokemons. IV breeding, though, is based on luck. It's easier with some items used in later generations that force an IV stat to be passed on.

Ryushin wrote:Imho these features to make Pokemon more individual were bad to even implement into the Game, its just so that people who care about maxing out the possibilities will spend time and effort into the game doing tedious things, like you said when we can choose freely almost everyone aims for the same stats anyway

Not everyone would go for the same stats. It depends on the chosen 6, their moves and your strategy orientation. A Nidoking for example with Earthquake, Body Slam, Hyper Beam and Megahorn would have totally different IVs than another Nidoking with Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf and Flamethrower. Both move sets are very good, but serve a different role/purpose. Giving at least some sort of control (like the item for breeding) or total control (like the pill) depends on how the admins plan on utilising that feature. Personally, I would prefer an easier breeding system.

gebbeth
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by gebbeth 2015-01-22, 08:17

Actually, for the first step into that subject, the best things to be implemented would be:

-> in-game EV/IV display
-> Items that have the reverse effect of CARBOS, IRON etc, to make proper EV training possible (one successful method I came across is to use special berries that can be bought for 1000$)
-> a list of what kind of EVs the new pokemon give

gebbeth
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by fyfsixseven 2015-03-18, 00:13

gebbeth wrote:

-> Items that have the reverse effect of CARBOS, IRON etc, to make proper EV training possible (one successful method I came across is to use special berries that can be bought for 1000$)

That is a great idea. Or we have an option similar to the salon at Bealbeach, but instead it reduces/resets EV for a single stat. It makes it easy to adjust EVs especially for our starters.

On that topic, the wild pokemon near Moxi mostly give defense EVs, which makes the first few levels for Eletux and Raptorch difficult for those who want to train EV early on. Perhaps there can be more low level pokemon with speed IV? The only low level one now is Grozard, and its appearance rate in the cave is only 10%.

Once we have the EV reducing berries, EV training can be further helped by Macho Brace, or the other Power items. Pokerus also helps.

fyfsixseven
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by gebbeth 2015-03-30, 04:44

FINALLY!!!!! Thank you creator!!

gebbeth
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down