Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G-Men concept / Jesse & James stealing your Pokemon idea

4 posters

Go down

G-Men concept / Jesse & James stealing your Pokemon idea Empty G-Men concept / Jesse & James stealing your Pokemon idea

Post by frpenguin 2014-12-28, 16:56

Pokemon's Team Rocket lairs were milestones in the game, but what I don't get in Pokemon after I beat the game is to clear any dungeons.

I'd like to see a crime level for each of the cities. You'd have to keep touch with people in the cities by phone or talking in order to determine the level of crime the city is at. It should be something like a clue rather than them just telling you, "WE'RE AT DEFCON 1!!!" Maybe more like , "Hey how're you?" if they're okay and, "Have you seen my dear Snubull?" if there's trouble afoot. Then you, Lance or whatever Pokemon G-men name you prefer, come riding in on your Dragonite and bring those Pokethieves to justice, or Officer Jenny Wink

Criminals should have some sort of advantage, considering criminals wouldn't be doing it otherwise. Like if you try to give you Pokemon something during a battle they'll lash at you with an electric whip used for their terrible Pokemon training experiments or maybe even a firearm disabling you from assisting your Pokemon other than verbal communications

Now think about this. What if you were walking and you fell into a hole only to look up at our Prepare for Trouble Trio and they made away with like 4 of your Pokemon. What if you could call the Police and have them look or if you had more Pokemon you could look and fight for them or call a nearby friend to help you rescue them from being brought to "the boss". It shouldn't be hard to find them after they steal your Pokemon, they usually set up a crude stand to make money using your Pokemon as some sort of gimmick. You'll need to get past Koffing and Arbok, though.

Last edited by frpenguin on 2014-12-28, 16:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
frpenguin
frpenguin
Baashaun
Baashaun

http://gamefreakyogi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

G-Men concept / Jesse & James stealing your Pokemon idea Empty Re: G-Men concept / Jesse & James stealing your Pokemon idea

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-12-28, 17:02

That would certainly make an interesting game! I'd love to play a Pokemon game where you're playing as a Poke-Cop. In Tandor, the Pokemon Rangers are their equivalent of law enforcement, and they are mostly concerned with protecting the natural environment and Pokemon from people who would like to exploit it. There's not so much organized crime in Tandor, certainly nothing on the scale of Team Rocket.

However if you like the idea of battling against people who will use Pokemon for their own selfish motivations, and are willing to do whatever they want regardless of the law, then there's a certain sidequest in this game which I expect you will enjoy greatly...
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

G-Men concept / Jesse & James stealing your Pokemon idea Empty Re: G-Men concept / Jesse & James stealing your Pokemon idea

Post by frpenguin 2014-12-28, 17:40

Thank you for the information! I'm greatly looking forward to it Very Happy
frpenguin
frpenguin
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by LoverIan 2014-12-28, 19:56

I was actually thinking of suggesting a Post Game idea that would open to the National Dex. Possibly being involved with Looker who gets you to go in undercover as a new Pirate Lord. Essentially going on Safari Trips across the region to areas "off road". Such as the river west of Kevlar Town.

Some of the trips are to more radioactive areas where hunters enjoy being in life or death situations. Some of them are to private "Zoos", where the rich can go hunting and catching foreign pokemon.
Potentially giving access to a Black Market where you can buy any pokemon as long as you know the name, and have the money. You can also sell pokemon based on rarity of species, difficulty to obtain, how trained they are, etc.
In otherwords, a lv 100 Blissey would fetch more than a Lv 90 Chansey.
This could run supplementary to the Pirates and Ninjas thing that had been going on, criminal elements in the region, and other things

Anyhow, I like what you've got in your head Frpenguin Very Happy
LoverIan
LoverIan
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by frpenguin 2014-12-28, 22:53

Likewise. I haven't played much of Uranium (haven't past Kevlar yet) but in the official games you could get up to like 3 interesting pokemon through gambling, so your concept would be a cool substitute for the game not having a gamecorner or something.
frpenguin
frpenguin
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-12-28, 22:55

Actually, I wouldn't be so sure about the lack of a Game Corner in this game. You might want to explore Bealbeach City a bit, but you'll find something more akin to the days when 10-year-olds could gamble freely in the Pokemon world...
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by frpenguin 2014-12-28, 23:09

Ha. Like I said I haven't passed Kevlar town yet.
frpenguin
frpenguin
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down