Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Migration / Support from software emulators

5 posters

Go down

Pokemon Migration / Support from software emulators Empty Pokemon Migration / Support from software emulators

Post by RanchBurner 2015-05-21, 10:19

Hey guys I'm new, but how's this for an add-on? Plug-ins for software emulators such as VBA, VBA-M, no$gba, and DeSmuMe to migrate Pokemon from older generations? So that we could import Pokemon from Roms like Emerald and Platinum, even if it's a one way transfer with no undo. Of course it would be a very tough script to develop, but I think it's worth a try.

RanchBurner
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Migration / Support from software emulators Empty Re: Pokemon Migration / Support from software emulators

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-05-21, 12:02

There's a number of reasons why this isn't possible.

1. Pokemon Uranium is made with entirely different software from the main series games. It is NOT a ROM Hack.

2. The only Pokemon in this game are the ones in the new generation (or old-gen ones that can be found in Tandor.) Pokemon from other generations aren't included. We don't plan to add the National Dex, either.

3. JV would have to code such a feature from scratch, and there's not really much purpose or demand for it. This isn't a main-series game, so there's no reason to transfer your Pokemon "up" from older games.

If it helps, think of Uranium as a stand-alone game that's separate from the other Pokemon game series. We aren't Game Freak, and our game isn't able to trade or interact with the "official" Pokemon games -- only other copies of Pokemon Uranium.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Migration / Support from software emulators Empty Re: Pokemon Migration / Support from software emulators

Post by WubbaG 2015-05-21, 13:53

I don't know about this one but: Maybe you can team up with Pokemon Solar Light & Lunar Dark makers and make a trade system that you can trade your pokemon from one game to the other? I know that'd be a lot of work and maybe you don't want to collab with other makers. Totally fine, it was just a suggestion.
WubbaG
WubbaG
Seikamater
Seikamater

https://www.youtube.com/WubbaG

Back to top Go down

Post by RanchBurner 2015-05-21, 17:42

Involuntary Twitch wrote:There's a number of reasons why this isn't possible.

1. Pokemon Uranium is made with entirely different software from the main series games. It is NOT a ROM Hack.

2. The only Pokemon in this game are the ones in the new generation (or old-gen ones that can be found in Tandor.) Pokemon from other generations aren't included. We don't plan to add the National Dex, either.

3. JV would have to code such a feature from scratch, and there's not really much purpose or demand for it. This isn't a main-series game, so there's no reason to transfer your Pokemon "up" from older games.

If it helps, think of Uranium as a stand-alone game that's separate from the other Pokemon game series. We aren't Game Freak, and our game isn't able to trade or interact with the "official" Pokemon games -- only other copies of Pokemon Uranium.

Totally understandable.

RanchBurner
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by tman19x 2015-05-21, 20:37

Pokemon solar light and lunar dark is awesome and a collab would be awesome

tman19x
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyDragon 2015-05-21, 23:48

I have actually been wishing that I could use Pokemon from one game in the other. But it would be too hard to program each Pokemon from either game into the other.
CrazyDragon
CrazyDragon
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by RanchBurner 2015-05-22, 09:24

CrazyDragon wrote:I have actually been wishing that I could use Pokemon from one game in the other. But it would be too hard to program each Pokemon from either game into the other.
Obviously.

RanchBurner
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down