Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic!

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Empty Re: OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic!

Post by Mercury45 2014-07-10, 12:13

Corocoro is beginning to leak, and while I don't think we've seen the whole magazine yet there's big news nevertheless!

One of the big questions about these remakes has been "who will be the Champion?" since Steven was the champ in Ruby and Sapphire and Wallace inexplicably took over the role in Emerald. Well, the question has been answered - the true Champion has returned. And he's packing Mega Metagross.

Yeah, that thing is awesome. Ability is as of yet unconfirmed, but some people are claiming Tough Claws. I'll try to come back and edit this post when that bit of info clears up.

Another picture of Mega Metagross, along with some of the gym leaders, Elite Four, and their Pokemon.

Also, it seems the scan discusses that Hoenn has "different Pokemon from before," so an expanded regional Pokedex might just be in the cards this time. That's something I've been hoping for with this remake - it's one of the bigger mistakes FRLG and HGSS made, in my mind.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Empty Re: OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic!

Post by xArc_Knightx 2014-07-10, 14:38

We wanted a Mega Metagorss. Not a Giant Metal Pinwheel
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-07-11, 12:52

All right, turns out there was definitely more to come from Corocoro. Not sure if this is the full extent of the leaks, but there's some nice info here for sure.

(also, all these images are watermarked for some reason, and I can't find good ones without, so sorry about that.)

Here we have a clearer shot of the first five leaders as seen in the previous leaks. I'm liking the look of these designs. Brawly looks a lot less generic now, and actually looks like a Fighting trainer. Wattson is definitely laid-back and dressed for the climate - and notably it seems they've switched from Manectric to Magneton as his ace battler.

We also have Steven with two of his Elite Four. Sidney and Phoebe are sporting altered new designs, and there's currently speculation that these two have Mega Stones as well, with Sidney wearing his on his wrist and Phoebe having an anklet. Not sure if that's confirmed yet, but they've also switched their signature Pokemon with Shiftry replacing Absol and Dusknoir for... whatever Phoebe's was. But this confirms an updated regional dex, as well!

And now for the bizarre part... Cosplay Pikachu? Well, this at least demonstrates that Pokemon-Amie is back. Also, we can see Birch's new appearance as well - along with the Pokedex, which looks like nothing so much as a repurposed GBA!

Last but not least, three more cosplaying Pikachu. Note that the colors and themes of their outfits correspond to the five types of contest. Also, a rehash of the Super-Secret Base stuff we'd already heard about.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-07-12, 14:14

I like the gym leaders new looks and mega metagross looks boss but now Steven will kill me in battle and now we have some new leakage Mega Diance has mega bounce so another powerful mega evolution. Also the next coro coro is announced   To be released on August 12th and will have much info on mega evoulutions. Maybe a large leakage of Megas! Can't wait to see them!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-07-17, 07:48

Ok ok i guess i missed this trailer a couple of days ago but it shows a lot on secret bases many of it is already known but it helps clarify and has some additional info. I want my own Gym!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-08-08, 01:56

Hey folks! It's that time again - Corocoro leak time! This month promised a big Mega Evolution scoop, and while we're only now starting to see leaks I thought I'd make a post to let you all know things are incoming.

We have two new Megas right off the bat - Altaria and, unexpectedly, Lopunny!

Mega Altaria is a Dragon/Fairy Pokemon with the Pixilate ability. That's frigging adorable.

Mega Lopunny, meanwhile, is a Normal/Fighting type with the Scrappy ability.

I'll keep the topic updated as we see more!
(EDIT: Also, some info on Pikachu's dressup forms. They have exclusive moves, not unlike Rotom's forms. "Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press." There you go.)

EDIT #2: We have another Mega! Say hi to Mega Salamence! He retains his typing but gets the Aerilate ability.

EDIT #3: Not Megas this time, but some other exciting stuff! You may have been wondering how we get the Mega Stone for Metagross ingame... well, it comes with a Beldum. A SHINY Beldum! Shiny Mega Metagross looks fabulous. (Actually, this may be a wifi event in the same vein as Torchic for XY. Not sure yet. Time will tell.)

Also, we can dress OURSELVES up! ...at least in contests. Check it out! Not much more to say on that page. I'll update again if there's more to see!
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-08-08, 09:36

OMG! Dragon/Fairy Mega Altaria, I LOVE IT!! It's so cute too!

Wasn't expecting some non-3rd gen Megas but Mega Lopunny is a welcome addition. The all-new type combo is nice and the ability works well with it, although it's not the most useful one out there.

Mega Salamence's design is kind of "eh", I prefer FakeMakeT's versions. These fakemon artists are spoiling us by making cooler Mega Evos than the canon.

I'm really excited for Pikachu Libre with Flying Press, that's definitely one of the coolest moves, although I don't know how it will work with the rest of Pikachu's skillset. Still, I wanna see it in action!
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-08-09, 01:24

Well, after some interesting online controversy, leaks are picking up again after what we learned last night.

No new Megas (at least not yet... I hope we get more than three!), but we do have some information on contests! Namely, you can Mega Evolve during them. Now, I was never too keen on contests, but the stage looks pretty nice here.

Also, it seems as though Feebas will be able to evolve via contest stats (presumably Beauty) once again. I can only hope they don't remove the other ways.

As always, I'll update this post if more news leaks!
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-08-09, 09:20

Ok so we have the Megas so here's some pics
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Image47
One its so cute! And normal and fighting a powerful combonation!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-08-09, 09:21

Ahh mega altaria
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Image48
A dragon and fairy this thing will kill everything!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-08-09, 09:23

Im sorry but ur not winning this battle...
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Image49
Aerialate itself is an awesome ability but when its used with this awesome pokemon its like instant one hit KO! Look at the design i love it!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-08-10, 11:47

No more interesting Corocoro leaks, unfortunately. Instead, how about some officially released news?

This video shows off the three new Mega Evolutions, confirms the Lucia character's English name to be "Lisia," shows a little contest action, and shows that shiny Beldum is an event similar to Torchic last year.

The official site has updated as well. Horde encounters make a comeback, with an added bit of excitement... Trainer hordes! Looks like Teams Magma and Aqua will try to take protagonists 5-on-1. Looking forward to feeling awesome by taking down five grunts at once!

There's more info about Cosplay Pikachu as well. Unfortunately, it's only this one special Pikachu that is able to dress up. Seems a bit like a repeat of Spiky-Eared Pichu, so... ehhh.

Pokeblocks are back, by the way. Looks like it might be a solo activity this time. Oh, but you can still do contests with friends.

Feebas and Milotic have a page on the official site. Feebas is confirmed to evolve via the beauty stat again.

We also have pages for Mega Altaria, Mega Salamence, and Mega Lopunny if you want to read more about them.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-08-12, 15:59

For those who haven't seen: the Korean Pokemon site accidentally put up two new Mega Pokemon profiles early. They're unexpected choices, but take a gander at Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino.

Mega Slowbro retains its typing, sees a boost to its Defense and Special Attack, and acquires the Shell Armor ability.

Mega Audino, meanwhile, becomes a Normal/Fairy type, gets a boost to both Defense and Special Defense, and has the ability Healer.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-09-10, 14:29

Wow, it's been about a month already, huh? Well, Corocoro had some exciting info this month, so it's that time again!

A little bit of smaller news to get out of the way first - Shonen Sunday revealed that there'll be a demo for ORAS that'll get put out next month. It lets players choose between Marshtomp, Grovyle, and Combusken to play through a brief part of the game, and apparently it'll either allow you to try out new Megas or will unlock a new Mega for the full game (I'm a little unclear on which one it is at the moment).

OK, now for the big news. Three new Mega Evolutions! It came out recently in a trailer that Archie and Maxie would be using Megas, but the question was of which Pokemon? Jokes about Gamefreak being lazy and giving them both Mega Mightyena are now done, because we've got Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo! Since I'm planning to use Camerupt in my AlphaSapphire run, I'm quite pleased to see the guesses were right about it getting a Mega Evolution.

Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force and Mega Sharpedo has Tough Jaw, incidentally.

Ah, but I said three, didn't I? Well, there was one other character a lot of people predicted might get a Mega: Wally. But if he did, would it be his Gardevoir, or would this new remake change his signature Pokemon? Well, I think the reveal of Mega Gallade (and, for that matter, Wally's updated design!) should answer that question. Gallade is another Pokemon I'm using, so a Mega for him as well is quite exciting. Plus, this dispels the theory that Pokemon who evolve via stone can't get Mega Evolutions.

Also, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's abilities are known to be "Land of Endings" and "Sea of Beginnings" (Japanese names), which have similar effects to Drought and Drizzle, but with unknown duration. Also, Primal Groudon's new move is "Cliff Blade."

Certainly an exciting little crop of info this month! I can safely say I'm looking forward to this game more than ever now.

LATER EDIT: Mega Gallade still Psychic/Fighting with Inner Focus. Primal Kyogre's new move is Origin Wave. There's also something about Rayquaza, who is said to hold a secret regarding Mega Evolution. GET ON THAT HYPE TRAIN (because I'm doing it for Smash right now)
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-09-12, 12:49

OK, more updates - this time in English!

First of all, some Mega data:

• Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force. Its stats are all raised except Speed, which drops.
  • Mega Sharpedo gets an all-around boost, but especially Speed. As mentioned, it has Strong Jaw.
  • Mega Gallade retains Inner Focus. Its Attack and Speed see a large boost.

Rayquaza is confirmed, yet again. The official site mentions its role as a legendary Pokemon who stops the Groudon/Kyogre conflict, suggesting some Emerald story elements in ORAS.

Primal Groudon's ability is known in English as "Desolate Land." It causes sunlight so harsh that other weather moves have no effect and Water moves are straight-up evaporated. Its new move is called Precipice Blades.

Primal Kyogre's ability is called "Primordial Sea." Other weather moves become ineffective, and Fire moves are rendered useless in the heavy rain. Its signature move is Origin Pulse.

Last but not least, the demo! We will be getting an English-language demo, but there's no word yet on when or how. There is some cool news, though - this demo has no limit on replays, so you can revisit it any time you want! Certain things from the demo can be transferred to your main game, as well. Read more about the demo here.

There's more info on Teams Aqua and Magma, and their respective members. The leaders and admins have been fleshed out a bit for these remakes, which you can read about on the official site. Although it was obvious, Archie has a Mega Anchor and Maxie has Mega Glasses, which they use to Mega Evolve their Sharpedo and Camerupt, respectively.

Also some stuff on Wally, but WHO CARES ABOUT WALLY
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-09-13, 12:07

Holy hell, Primal Groudon's ability is in a tier of its own. Unchangeable sunshine that completely nullifies Groudon's biggest weakness? Crazy stuff... the boss battle against Primal Groudon is gonna be incredibly climactic, to say the least. (I guess this means i'm getting Omega Ruby...)

Primal Kyogre's new ability doesn't work as well since Kyogre resisted Fire-type attacks to begin with, but I can see it wreaking havoc in Doubles alongside a Ferrothorn or Scizor or Metalynx. Tho since they're ubers and likely to be banned in every type of tournament-level play, it's purely speculation, of course.

Mega Sharpedo looks so dumb, i could've designed a Mega that looks a billion times better. I'm confused--in the sugimori art, it has blades on the side of its nose akin to a saw shark, but in the in-game screens those don't seem to be present. Maybe they only come out when it uses an attack? That seems possible.

On the flip side, Mega Camerupt looks great, and I'm satisfied with Mega Gallade (even though they couldn't give it a better ability than Inner Focus? Really?)

Wally's new design looks.... good......... yeah that's all i have to say about him.

SO HYPE FOR THE DEMO AND ALSO FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT!!!!!
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-09-20, 10:49

Ok so mega sharpedo could be so much better mega camerupt looks awesome im digging the new abilities for primal Kyogre and primal groudon but like twitch said kyogres is at a disadvantage theres still a lot more we dont know i wonder wat the newest mega will be? Who thinks we ll get a primal rayquaza? And wat do u think of a mega walrein? Mega cacturne? So much to know ! I cant wait
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-09-20, 16:52

Thought id show the latest trailer showcasing the new ablilities and rayquaza in its region!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-09-20, 17:00

Ok so first
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Image50
He looks different nice necklace Smile
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Image51
Hes so smart!!
They've changed a lot i cant wait to see their mega stones!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-09-20, 17:06

Ok so here we have
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Image55
This girl? I guess? I dont remember her 
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Image58
She had red hair before i believe..... So much changed
Showcasing a wet suit with matching googles lol but the newest character graphics are pretty good i must admit and the changes are pretty good although i question why Archie is wearing glasses
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-09-25, 16:58

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Prerelease Info topic! - Page 2 Image61
BUNDLES!!!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-02, 11:30

Big news first thing in the morning! The Pokemon Niconico stream promised some surprising news, and they delivered. In honor of Smash Bros. coming out tomorrow...

MEGA RAYQUAZA ASCENDS INTO ACTION

You can read more about this awesome new Mega Pokemon here, and watch this video of it in action:

Some highlights about our new big dragon buddy:

• Still Dragon/Flying
  • Achieves Mega Evolution in a "unique way" due to its biology and has a boost to its attacking stats
  • Possesses the ability "Delta Stream" which can't be dispelled by most weather, is only around as long as Mega Rayquaza is on the field, and lessens the power of supereffective moves on Flying Pokemon
  • Also has a new move called Dragon Ascent
  • There is a reason for it being a Mega Evolution instead of a Primal Reversion. This reason is part of the story and will be explained ingame.

If there's more to come I'll post about it in here, but for now enjoy this legendary dragon's incredible new form!

EDIT: The official website updated with a little bit of story lore you might find interesting! You can read it right here.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-10-02, 14:48

Oh, you beat me to it! Mega Rayquaza looks insanely cool, and i'm interested to find out why it's a Mega whereas Kyogre and Groudon are Primal. I bet the plot of these games is going to be interesting... I doubt it'll be a straight-up remake, they're definitely going to change up some plot details.

Can't wait to see what happens!

EDIT: Here's some footage of it in game:

FREAKIN SWEET
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-10-03, 14:41

Amazing how great rayquaza looks! Smile 
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-10-10, 13:15

Corocoro time! Need I say more? Well, what's in it, of course.

Mega time first, as always. Of little surprise to those who followed the hacks of XY is that Mega Latios and Mega Latias existed in XY but were unused. However, the exciting part is their function in the game. During the game, trainers will befriend these legendary Pokemon and gain an item called the Eon Flute, which can be used to summon the Pokemon and fly freely through the air on them. That's an exciting first for the Pokemon series! Also, the next issue of Corocoro will include a code to download an item that will let players obtain the member of their duo not available in their game. (As before, Latios is native OmegaRuby while Latias is in AlphaSapphire, so you'll get Latias via this event in OR and Latios in AS.)

Newer to the Mega club are two Kanto standbys: Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot. Both of them retain their original typings. Mega Beedrill gets a boost to Attack and Speed and has Adaptability for its ability, while Mega Pidgeot gets a Special Attack increase and has No Guard.

There's also a reveal of something new called Mythical Places. These are areas found in islands or clouds and are home to legendary Pokemon from outside the Hoenn games! Perhaps this is what that strange black cloud area at the top of the new Hoenn map is referring to? According to Corocoro, this function will, when combined with the legendaries found in XY, let you capture all the legendary Pokemon. But not "Mythical Pokemon," which I assume means event legends. GAMEFREAK! (shakes fist)

I have to say, pretty excited by some of the stuff found here! Catching all those legendaries sounds like a lot of fun, and flying around the region on Latios/Latias seems like a step in the right direction for Pokemon to become even bigger and better than before. It's only a month and a half til these games release, so stay tuned!
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next