Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking with pokemon ?

+6
h0b099j
Masato
Involuntary Twitch
Bocajian
Brisingr Blaze
DuckNukem
10 posters

Go down

Walking with pokemon ? Empty Walking with pokemon ?

Post by DuckNukem 2015-05-27, 14:46

Will it be added in pokemon Uranium ?
It was cool in the original games !
DuckNukem
DuckNukem
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Walking with pokemon ? Empty Re: Walking with pokemon ?

Post by Brisingr Blaze 2015-05-27, 15:10

I like, would it be possible to add this feature with the current Poke Essentials, that is used for this game?
Brisingr Blaze
Brisingr Blaze
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bocajian 2015-05-27, 15:23

I would suspect that it would be possible considering Omicron and Zeta was made with the same kit and allows for pokemon to follow you. They probably won't do it though because it would be a lot more sprites for Twitch to make.
Bocajian
Bocajian
Seikamater
Seikamater

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-05-27, 15:54

It's entirely possible, but like Bocajian said in would need to make overworld sprites for every single Pokemon, which would take a long-time for a feature that's basically just cosmetic. However, it's not impossible.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckNukem 2015-05-28, 01:28

Pokemon Zeta and Omicron ?
I'll check those out and come back when this feature will have been added in this game (at least for the starters, it wouldn't be that hard, would it ? )
DuckNukem
DuckNukem
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Masato 2015-05-30, 22:15

What if only a select few Pokemon could follow you (for example, Garlikid, who already has an overworld sprite)?  You could also use the PST to talk to them, which would be a neat feature and could lead to other possibilities.

@DuckNukem, I hope that you're not leaving this game just because there aren't overworld sprites.
Masato
Masato
Palij
Palij

Back to top Go down

Post by h0b099j 2015-05-31, 02:11

Masato, I'm pretty sure he did.

He's missing out. More pokemon uranium for us I guess.
h0b099j
h0b099j
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by sovest555 2015-05-31, 02:55

That might be a nice feature for v5 or beyond. Probably not necessary enough to need to be put in v5, but definitely a nice bonus once Twitch and JV find time and motivation to work on it.
sovest555
sovest555
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

http://ourpurestdarkness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SViper 2015-05-31, 09:34

Would be nice to that to happen.Smile
SViper
SViper
Baashaun
Baashaun

http://myanimelist.net/profile/SViper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masato 2015-06-01, 01:16

A lot of Uraniumon are very large (Seikamater, for example), so to keep with the realism, I would think that the Pokemon should have to be below a certain size in order to follow you.

That may over-complicate things, though, especially since it might bring other aspects into question: "So Seikamater can't follow me because he's too big, yet Titanice can follow me through a cave? How does that even work?"
Masato
Masato
Palij
Palij

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrall 2015-06-01, 01:40

Or just metaphorically shrink the sprites, it worked for HG/SS.
Hydrall
Hydrall
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Masato 2015-06-01, 02:22

Hydrall wrote:Or just metaphorically shrink the sprites, it worked for HG/SS.
The issue that I presented wasn't referring to the size of the sprites, but more so the realism of having certain Pokemon follow you: There are certain Pokemon who are very large, such as the 8.4m Seikamater or the 9.5m Dunseraph; and there are certain Pokemon who can't traverse multiple terrains, such as Titanice or Saidine (which to be fair doesn't seem to apply whatsoever in battle situations).  Having such Pokemon following the trainer may break the realism, and Uranium seems to pride itself in its realism.

I'm not against having sprites for all Pokemon, but it's plenty of work to create overworld sprites (as IV stated above), so they could kill two birds with one stone by strictly keeping the realism intact -- they have to make fewer sprites, and they don't need to compromise the game's realism.

As I said in my other post, this may be over-complicating things.

EDIT: I reread my response, and I find it unclear. I want to clarify that I do agree with you, but that it's also the exact thing my previous post was suggesting we consider avoiding.
Masato
Masato
Palij
Palij

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrall 2015-06-01, 04:56

I mean, this is a game where gamma radiation somehow turns pokemon into superpowerful monsters instantly. Razz I dunno if I'd say realism is so much what they're going for.

But as you say, it doesn't matter in battles. Why would Seikamater be able to be sent into battle in the room when you're told it can't follow you inside?

But honestly as much as I love pokemon following you around, it might be too much for this... Especially taking into account the PST. As cool as it would be to talk to your team, that might be way more work to figure out and implement than it's worth.
Hydrall
Hydrall
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Masato 2015-06-01, 06:31

They're the DC/Marvel characters of the Pokemon world Razz

I agree.  It doesn't matter much either way, and it does seem as though it will be both tedious and complicated to implement (no matter which avenue is taken).  However, I definitely look forward to seeing what the future holds, as I am quite optimistic at the moment.
Masato
Masato
Palij
Palij

Back to top Go down

Walking with pokemon ? Empty Following Pokes and Options

Post by TLoATDaE 2015-06-01, 13:54

Here's an idea for "following Pokes": Have a simple coloured "dot" for the truly small ones, an overhanging "Shadow" for larger, flying types, and a prompt for "there's not enough room for that Pokemon to follow you here" for the really big Pokes. Besides, anything like Wailord wouldn't be wallowing along a city street anyway.

On a different note: Have some wild Pokes follow you, instead of attacking right away. Maybe there's a reason they follow? Something might prompt them to attack (swarm)? Perhaps they wait until they have enough to feel strong enough (like 5)?  Maybe trying to talk to them will start the fight, and dropping something (like a berry, or Pokepuff) makes them stop?

Just a few thoughts on the following thing.

TLoATDaE
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down