Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So is Wonder Trade useful for anyone but complete newbies?

+6
Brisingr Blaze
FireflyArc
LoverIan
Daikataro
Involuntary Twitch
bida2
10 posters

Go down

So is Wonder Trade useful for anyone but complete newbies? Empty So is Wonder Trade useful for anyone but complete newbies?

Post by bida2 2015-05-18, 06:24

Honestly,WHY do we get lvl 6 Barewls and Tonemys for our Terlards? I know it's supposed to be a random trade but that doesn't mean you should get low-level pokes for your high-level fully EV'd Pokemon. If I'm trading a lvl 20 Pokemon,I want something equal(or near the level of the specific Pokemon) in level.

bida2
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

So is Wonder Trade useful for anyone but complete newbies? Empty Re: So is Wonder Trade useful for anyone but complete newbies?

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-05-18, 11:27

Well, if more people were wondertrading high-level pokemon or rare ones then it would be a better selection, but the fact of the matter is that many people use wonder trade to try and get strong Pokemon at the very start of the game (for instance if they are doing a wonderlocke). So the vast majority of Pokemon on wonder trade come from the first 3 routes in the game. That's not something we can control; it's random after all.

If more people wanted to help make WT a better place by spreading some rare pokemon, or at least higher-leveled ones, then that would be great and will make someone on the other end a very happy camper.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

So is Wonder Trade useful for anyone but complete newbies? Empty Re: So is Wonder Trade useful for anyone but complete newbies?

Post by Daikataro 2015-05-18, 22:15

Short answer: not really, no.

Long answer: reality is, most people will try and get something for nothing if they think they can get away with it, so of course you get the Chynmunk Trade. I have spent my fair share of pokeballs trying to get decent IVs of several guys I want for my team, so I ended up catching a lot of the same guy, most recently Chimacondas and Glaslugs. I put them all in WT because I could afford to lose all the ones I didn't like and got a crapload of Chynmunks, lots of Mankeys, a couple Barewls and one of those fire bug thingies I can't remember the name for.

So no, don't think WT will get better anytime soon.

Daikataro
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by bida2 2015-05-18, 23:50

People will keep trying to get higher-level Pokemon by trading their crappy ones because there is no restriction.Change needs to be enforced - for example - you trade a lvl 20 Pokemon - you get a Pokemon with a minimum level of 17 and maximum level of 23 - until then,WT will be a place for trading your s*** IV'd Smores/Barewls/etc.

EDIT:
So is Wonder Trade useful for anyone but complete newbies? Pokeru10

In a game without gym training,I would've been pissing my pants about this.Still,it's a pretty nice find from WT.

bida2
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by LoverIan 2015-05-19, 02:29

It's up to the community for now to trade good pokes. It's why the Pokemon Breeder's Club of Tandor was made. To make certain pokemon like starters or rare ones more accessible.
LoverIan
LoverIan
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by FireflyArc 2015-05-24, 22:24

So, is it just that everyone with highlevel pokemon are keeping theirs?.. even if 1 person wondertraded it wouldn't help much.. maybe when we all get to higher levels we should start putting pokemon in there that we don't want?
FireflyArc
FireflyArc
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisingr Blaze 2015-05-24, 23:58

We could use a Wonder Trade Wednesday when this is back up and running right.
Brisingr Blaze
Brisingr Blaze
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabur 2015-05-26, 14:18

i have traded more than 4 lvl 60's pokemon for some lvl 4 noob pokemon.

Sabur
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Brisingr Blaze 2015-05-26, 18:24

Which will keep happening till a bit more get to the current 'end game' content so that they can start breeding. I myself am at 5 badges and getting all the more closer. Once I make it to that point I'll be breeding and playing so that we can try to make Wonder Trade all the more fun.

So if we make a day where we WT out things it'll make it better in the long run, I believe.
Brisingr Blaze
Brisingr Blaze
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Masato 2015-05-29, 18:40

Perhaps, as mentioned above, there could be ways to restrict the Pokemon that you can receive in WT.  Some examples would be the following:

• An additional interface that allows the user to specify 2 Pokemon and 1 level-range to be prohibited from your WT -- you can set it so that you can't receive a folerog nor a firoke and block all Pokemon between levels 1-10.
  • Certain Pokemon are permanently banned from being traded in WT -- leave that list up to the staff but allow input from the community.
  • Set a base level requirement to be able to trade Pokemon in WT -- level 25
  • Prohibit access to WT until the player has received a specific badge/beaten a specified amount of gyms -- the pixel badge would make sense.
  • Trading rare or high-level Pokemon has a chance of awarding the trainer with valuable rewards -- megastones, TMs, vitamins, master balls, or other special items.
  • Players earn/lose points depending on the Pokemon that they trade, and these points determine which brackets you're allowed to trade in -- the more points you have, the higher the bracket you're allowed to trade in, which filters out everyone who trades bad Pokemon.

These are just thoughts, of course, as I don't know how executable any of these suggestions are.
Masato
Masato
Palij
Palij

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianAnimator 2015-06-03, 07:49

Masato wrote:Perhaps, as mentioned above, there could be ways to restrict the Pokemon that you can receive in WT.  Some examples would be the following:

• An additional interface that allows the user to specify 2 Pokemon and 1 level-range to be prohibited from your WT -- you can set it so that you can't receive a folerog nor a firoke and block all Pokemon between levels 1-10.
  • Certain Pokemon are permanently banned from being traded in WT -- leave that list up to the staff but allow input from the community.
  • Set a base level requirement to be able to trade Pokemon in WT -- level 25
  • Prohibit access to WT until the player has received a specific badge/beaten a specified amount of gyms -- the pixel badge would make sense.
  • Trading rare or high-level Pokemon has a chance of awarding the trainer with valuable rewards -- megastones, TMs, vitamins, master balls, or other special items.
  • Players earn/lose points depending on the Pokemon that they trade, and these points determine which brackets you're allowed to trade in -- the more points you have, the higher the bracket you're allowed to trade in, which filters out everyone who trades bad Pokemon.

These are just thoughts, of course, as I don't know how executable any of these suggestions are.

I totally agree with you.
AsianAnimator
AsianAnimator
Baashaun
Baashaun

https://s1339.photobucket.com/user/lightgirl139/library/?sort=3&a

Back to top Go down

Post by h0b099j 2015-06-03, 10:47

That sounds like a great way to do it but making it happen in the game would be really hard. The easiest solution sounds like the badge limiting.
h0b099j
h0b099j
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down