Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the game released as is, what Pokemon would be meta?

+2
Bocajian
Dustborn
6 posters

Go down

If the game released as is, what Pokemon would be meta? Empty If the game released as is, what Pokemon would be meta?

Post by Dustborn 2015-05-01, 23:13

Pokemon I think would be meta:

Blubelrog, Winotinger, Theriamp, M-Baariette, M-Inflagetah, Gellin, M-Dramsama, Elextruxo, Archilles, Metalynx, Nucleon, M-S51-A, Seikamater

Pokemon I think wouldnt be in the meta:

Drilgann: Drilgann has a weakness to a ridiculous amount of types. While it has a ridiculously high base attack, its speed is extremely low. It would get outsped by every other sweeper. Its Mega slot is more useful to other meta pokemon. M-Baariete can do this pokemon's job better

Cocancer: Many of the same reasons as Drilgann. Cocancer's weird typing also gives it some weaknesses that overshadow its strengths.

Pokemon that I think would fill a niche role:

Gararewl: With stealth rock, and nice defensive stats Gararewl can work pretty well as a lead. The prevalence of Earthquake and Fire types might cause issues.

Gellin: Good offensive typing, prevalence of fire moves and Ice Beam could cause issue. Being walled by a Blub could be a major issue.

Daikatuna: Good defensive typing, with offensive base stats. Earthquake and the meta electric types will cause issues. Introduction of Waterfall would be a major power boost

Pajay: SpA flying type. Weird combination. Much of its power comes from its fire typing. If a stronger special flying move is later introduced this pokemon could end up meta.

Frosthra: Bug typing is holding this pokemon back. Gives it some powerful weaknesses. However it does give it access to a good move pool.

I believe the meta pokemon speak for themselves as to why they would be meta. Many of the niche pokemon can do well as long as they arent sent in blind.
Dustborn
Dustborn
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

If the game released as is, what Pokemon would be meta? Empty Re: If the game released as is, what Pokemon would be meta?

Post by Bocajian 2015-05-01, 23:53

One thing I will say about Drilgann (especially his mega form) is that if you get a lead like Crustle to set up a Sandstorm, his Sand Rush ability doubles his speed and makes him one of the fastest pokemon in the game.
Bocajian
Bocajian
Seikamater
Seikamater

Back to top Go down

If the game released as is, what Pokemon would be meta? Empty Re: If the game released as is, what Pokemon would be meta?

Post by Dustborn 2015-05-01, 23:58

True, it could have its little niche in the meta, but it could still get walled pretty easily due to the amount of weaknesses it has so you would have to be very careful.
Dustborn
Dustborn
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by sovest555 2015-05-02, 01:44

Nucleon is a very...interesting pokemon meta-wise. I mean, if it had a better movepool, maybe it would be less awkward to use?
sovest555
sovest555
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

http://ourpurestdarkness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WubbaG 2015-05-02, 04:57

S51-Bae!
WubbaG
WubbaG
Seikamater
Seikamater

https://www.youtube.com/WubbaG

Back to top Go down

Post by fireblaster1357 2015-05-02, 11:51

I don't know about Archilles being meta. As a SR lead maybe?

fireblaster1357
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-05-02, 14:06

Fafninter
You're missing Fafninter as a Meta pick. It has the Fur Coat ability, a typing that gives it good coverage and great defensive stats. Plus, it's no longer a Mega, so it leaves that slot for a different team member.
Chimaconda
I think Chimaconda works as a niche choice, too, primarily due to its Petrify ability. The instant Speed drop gives it an advantage, and its typing is designed to destroy fairy-types. Also, I'd dispute (Mega) Drilgann as a niche if not a Meta pick, because its Sand Rush ability makes it super fast and deadly on a sandstorm team.
Syrentide
Although (Mega) Syrentide is maybe outshined by other water-types like Electruxo and Blubelrog, she's one of the few fairies in the game and her Mega gets the powerful Pixilate + Hyper Voice combo. Plus, she is #1 best waifu so everyone who loves Gardevoir will use her.
Tanscure
Another niche is, actually, Nuclear Tanscure, which is one of the fastest and strongest Nuclear types in the game. Since Nuclears don't disobey in PvP, and it gets Tough Claws as its HA which works with Nuclear Slash, it's speedy and deadly. Plus, it looks damn cool.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sovest555 2015-05-02, 14:31

Huh. Well, you definitely helped the wiki a bit by revealing Syrentide's mega ability.
sovest555
sovest555
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

http://ourpurestdarkness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustborn 2015-05-02, 17:02

I was actually wondering if Nuclears disobeyed in PvP or not so thank you for clearing that up! Me and Bocajian decided on M-Drilgann being atleast niche after discussing it.

I looked at Chimaconda and decided it could destroy certain matchups too. So yeah it could be a great niche pick, especially if you have an idea of what the opponent will be running.

I never actually looked much at Fafninter until now. Yeah this pokemon could be meta. While it does have some pretty glaring weaknesses, it has the base stats and move pool to more than compensate. While there arent many STAB Ice moves I think Icicle Crash is amazing.

Will revise the lists =P
Dustborn
Dustborn
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down