Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making my own game!

+2
tadoke
TheWretched_Spawn
6 posters

Go down

Making my own game! Empty Making my own game!

Post by TheWretched_Spawn 2015-02-06, 03:43

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who is apart of the development team for Pokemon Uranium.

I've just started creating my own game using RPGmaker VX Ace and it takes a lot of time and effort for little results (Especially doing it single-handedly). So remember to thank the creators of these games when you get the chance. It isn't something easy to do in the least.

Now to my game.

It dives into the world of depression and anxiety through a style that is similar to Silent Hill. Many of us at some stage in our lives will either go through depression/anxiety or know someone who is going through it (If you think you know someone who hasn't sought help for this, please, offer a helping hand. It could save a life).

The game takes place in a small town (Yet to be named) which is falling apart rapidly. You play as a young man who's emotions might be key to solving the towns bitter end but are trapped in a world of his own, trying to escape the darkness that is taking over "could" be the answer...
TheWretched_Spawn
TheWretched_Spawn
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Making my own game! Empty Havn't I said b4, "one of us gooble gobble" ha ha ha

Post by tadoke 2015-02-06, 10:08

Seriously, what the hell  Shocked . What are the actual fracking Chancy-coincidences  Shocked  Shocked . Life is being waaaaay too weird and awsome  Shocked  Laughing .

Exactly 2 weeks ago  I had thoughts of a combination of Silent Hill and Pokemon. Instead of battling and defeating the monsters like Pyramind Head, you attempt to capture them to bring the demons back to the real world, find the person who is the source of the demon/negativity and then use said demon to ultimately defeat the afflicted individual. By the holy Order and in Valtiel's name (ha ha ha) I've got to get my notes and send them to you somehow.
The only start I've made:
* creative notes on game mechanics
* acquired a crap ton of reference material from a friend who is a Computer Engineering Graduate
* been scouring Pokemon Essentials
* bookmarked a few RPGmaker tutorials (though I would much rather create something for mobile like Android)
* set a goal to release a simple beta in time for Halloween 2015

I've been a huge fan of silent hill from the beginning on the original Playstation. The lore and symbolism behind, well everything, is just poetry to me. The games are far FAR deeper than many would ever realized.

Anyway, I would very much like to help you with YOUR idea. In the meantime I'll still work on my own idea, but I feel if I could be able to assist you with your own game idea it'll be a great experience and overall effective to work side by side than alone. Best of lucks in your game creating journey.

FYI: I havn't had the bawls to even play the latest Silent PT after watching others play. Even if I know what's going to happen...gawd that PT is brilliantly frightening.

~Later days
tadoke
tadoke
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Making my own game! Empty Re: Making my own game!

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-02-06, 13:57

Awesome idea! Plus, using RMVX Ace is a good plan in case you don't have artistic abilities of your own, since the software comes with lots of assets including characters, special effects, tiles, etc.

My one piece of advice is to not get too ambitious. Maybe make a small, simple game first, to get the lay of the land and practice coding, etc. One thing to note is that RMVX Ace is different software from RMXP, so it won't work with Pokemon Essentials -- but the way it sounds, you're not planning to make a Pokemon game at all.

I think it's totally awesome that you're inspired to create a game of your very own! I look forward to seeing progress. Feel free to post screenshots!
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xArc_Knightx 2015-02-06, 17:36

This whole thread is giving me a Majora's Mask Vibe *Shudders a bit*
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWretched_Spawn 2015-02-06, 18:34

Thank you all for the support!

Tadoke - I live and breath anything Silent Hill. I plan on getting a tattoo of the Halo of The Sun and Pyramid Head Very Happy
I'd love some help putting this together but I'm at a point where I haven't got all too much done to need help with atm. I'll let you know when things pick up. Would love the help of another SH fan.

Twitch - I've already made a few of my own tiles and sprites. I might not be too creative but I'm persistent when it comes to putting something together that I like. And no, my game isn't anything like pokemon. It's an RPG horror experience Smile
TheWretched_Spawn
TheWretched_Spawn
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by tadoke 2015-02-06, 18:45

Welp, if you ever need artistic help I can see myself doodling up acidic chain straps bound over a fleshy contortion creature. Good luck!
tadoke
tadoke
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmander 2015-02-21, 12:58

I used a trial version of that program before and actually made like 1 town with characters and stuff in like 4 hours.However I don't have the program anymore because I don't have any money to buy it just a student after all.

Charmander
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustborn 2015-05-04, 18:59

I have a ton of experience with RPG Maker VX Ace (about 400 hours in the program). Although none of my games ever saw the light of day. I still know a lot about the technical side and some nice tips and tricks with it.

If you need any advice or questions just message me! If I dont know the answer immediately I still know a few people who use the program that I could get in touch with and find out

Last edited by Dustborn on 2015-05-04, 23:19; edited 1 time in total
Dustborn
Dustborn
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWretched_Spawn 2015-05-04, 23:14

Cheers mate! I'm always looking for advice or just handy little tips Smile I haven't been able to work on my game lately since I've been quite busy but I should be able to get back into it within the next few weeks. I'll send you a PM when I do Very Happy
TheWretched_Spawn
TheWretched_Spawn
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down