Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about GTS and best trading methods (TLDR; included)

2 posters

Go down

Questions about GTS and best trading methods (TLDR; included) Empty Questions about GTS and best trading methods (TLDR; included)

Post by tadoke 2015-01-27, 23:34

Too Long Didn't Read (TLDR) :
>Trade instructs on wikia not 100% clear.
>(Forum Trade Center) thread's numerous replies are not searchable via forum advanced search nor Google Site search.
>Personal Trade 'topics' very convenient & private
>Improve trading experience with a lot of specifying details
>Need official and simple step by step guide

More Detailed:
I'm a little confused on the best accepted method(s) for posting trade offers on the forum. I'd like to avoid any trade mishaps and clarify trading instructions.

*I've tried to keep up with the "FTC Thread! (Forum Trade Center)", which kinda makes sense, but I find there's a lot of posting in that thread for me to keep up. Yet I can't ignore the fact a lot of ppl are using that one single thread.

*I find creating a topic for your trade offer very convenient;
>'watch' topic and get notified of replies to your offer
>deal with replies directly in private
>simple to edit topic title with "Trade completed".
>Most IMP reason IMO : no search results of the replies. Even 'replies' within the FTC Thread don't seem to appear when using the forum's search, Advanced Search & Google Site Search. 'replies' don't appear whereas 'topics', even the topic's content will.

*My big BUT(heh) is that I have no idea what's easier for the moderators; many postings within a single thread (ie FTC Thread!) or individual completed trade offer threads.

*I agree with all of xArc_Knightx's trade rules and I'd like to add:
->Be specific as possible in the private msg offer, include your Online ID, actual Lvl of Pkmn, and Trainer Name & Trainer ID (yes, I know you can't search using those but it may prevent accidental trades).

*I'm considering writing up step by step instructions for both forum and wikia. So I'm open to suggestions, prsl difficulties, etc to make the process easy for everyone to understand.

I'd apologize for the long post but the TLDR ought to be enough.
~Later days
tadoke
tadoke
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Questions about GTS and best trading methods (TLDR; included) Empty Re: Questions about GTS and best trading methods (TLDR; included)

Post by tadoke 2015-01-28, 00:16

Rolling Eyes and b4 anyone shoots a 'thread lock' at me for posting this question into "Trade & Battle" and not "Troubleshooting";
I r human and not 101% perfect Embarassed . focused more on the content of post,b4 realizing my mistake.
Hey bi', I DID include a TLDR, so Smile
tadoke
tadoke
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Questions about GTS and best trading methods (TLDR; included) Empty Re: Questions about GTS and best trading methods (TLDR; included)

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-01-28, 15:37

Good suggestions. I'll speak with the mod team in order to come up with a more effective method of finding and conducting trades. I may also split this forum into one section for GTS trades and one for Virtual Trainer battles.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tadoke 2015-01-28, 15:45

I'd like to create a step by step tutorial very soon. I feel if there was a posted standard it'd boost good trading and help deter interweb trolls.
tadoke
tadoke
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down