[Pokémon] Cocancer

Post by ~JV~ on 2014-05-26, 19:07

Cocancer

Cocancer

Pokedex Number - #070
Type(s) - Ground / Grass
Base Stats: 90 HP / 95 Atk / 120 Def / 35 SAtk / 115 SDef / 60 Spd

Abilities: Sand Veil/Chlorophyll

Well, to kick off the new section I bring you Cocancer to discussion! Post your opinions regarding this pokémon competitive-wise, post your set ideas for it etc. I will probably add the best sets in the OP. Every other topic in this section should follow this format, feel free to start discussions on other pokémon if you want. Have fun!
~JV~
Admin

View user profile http://pokemonuranium.forumeiro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Pokémon] Cocancer

Post by Knightmarez on 2014-05-26, 22:52

This is the same set I use, and I posted in the original Pokemon sets. Anyway I'm glad that the first Pokemon to get a competitive spotlight is my favorite Pokemon, well enough wasting your time, let's get started:

Bulky Physical Attacker
Cocancer
Cocancer @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Wood Hammer
- Dig
- Synthesis
Knightmarez
Barewl
Barewl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daikataro on 2015-01-02, 00:53

TBH, this guy's type combination leaves a lot to be desired. Since it's grass, it's meant to be used against water, and particularly against the water/ground hybrids (thinking my favourite pokemon: Quagsire). However, being ground negates the water resistance leaving it at 1, and ground doesn't do a thing to negate the major ways of dealing with grass: fire and flying, not to mention flying negates ground damage and takes reduced damage from grass. Ground does confer immunity to electric, but since grass already takes 1/2 damage from that, it's more of a silver lining and less of a real advantage; the only real use for ground is negating poison which DOES hurt grass pretty badly, but in turn makes it 4x vulnerable to a simple ice/aurora beam, which many water pokemon have access to, and if the user has STAB that means it takes 6x worth of damage.

IMHO its too many vulnerabilities make it a less than optimal choice for competitive gameplay, there are just too many pokemon that demolish it, even if they use off-type attacks, and ice is just way too popular of a damage dealing choice to ignore.

Daikataro
Baashaun
Baashaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top