Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Moves and Abilites

5 posters

Go down

New Moves and Abilites Empty New Moves and Abilites

Post by Knightmarez 2014-05-26, 00:20

This is more of an idea topic thing, anyway I noticed that a couple Pokemon in Pokemon Uranium have exclusive moves and abilities such as: Flame Impact (Raptorch Line and Flager Line), Metal Whip (Barewl Line), Infuriate (Empirilla), etc. So here are some that I've come up with:

I noticed that the only starter with a exclusive move was Raptorch and Archilles so I come up with these for the others:

Electric Riff (For Eletux and Electruxo)
Type: Electric
BP: 70
Accuracy: 90
PP: 10
Always confuses the opponent
(I based this on Electruxo's punk look, hence why it's called Electric Riiff)

Metal Rush (For Orchynx and Metalynx)
Type: Steel
BP: 60
Accuracy: 100
Has +1 priority
(I based this on Metalynx's feline look, so I thought hey he should have a speedy move to make up that sub-par speed stat)
Knightmarez
Knightmarez
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

New Moves and Abilites Empty Re: New Moves and Abilites

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-05-26, 14:17

I like those ideas, especially Electric Riff! I think a 70-power move which always confuses would be somewhat broken though, so I'd lower the confusion percentage to 50%, or reduce the accuracy to 80%.

By the way, there's a list of current new moves and abilities on the wiki, here!
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmarez 2014-05-26, 15:37

Thanks for the tips! And I was basing Elecetric Riff's mechanics with Chatot's signature move Chatter, which has  a base power of 65, an accuracy of 100, and always confuses the opponent. But I understand where you're coming from, so I think an accuracy drop would make it more fair. Also I'm reconsidering Metalynx's signature move as it's too similar to Archilles's Flame Impact. So here's what I've come up with:

Suraisu (Japanese for Slice) (For Orchynx and Metalynx)
Type: Steel
BP: 90
Accuracy: 90
Has a 30% to flinch the opponent

Also here's a random ability I've come up for no one in specific
Liquefy
Turns normal-type moves into water-type moves

Also on a random side note, I think once JV implements all the 5th and 6th gen Barand should get the ability Tough Claws, or Iron Fist
Knightmarez
Knightmarez
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-09-26, 16:29

I was going to make an identical topic but then I saw that this one existed, so I'm bumping this one instead.

We now have a more comprehensive list of new moves on the wiki, including some new ones like Subduction, Instant Crush and Get Lucky. Check it out!

Metalynx
I'd like some help brainstorming new move ideas. I want to replace Metalynx's Meteor Mash with a different Steel-type move that has a similar effect (I actually like Knightmarez's suggestion, but not the name, since it's a direct romanization. To cut is 斬る "kiru", but I prefer moves to be in English for the most part.)

New Moves and Abilites 096
Although, if there was a move named after a sword technique, then Daikatuna could learn it as well... so I need suggestions. Who knows things about swords?

Also, I'm trying to brainstorm new moves & abilities for Ghost-types, because there are several new ghosts, and I'd like something to set them apart from each other.
New Moves and Abilites 100New Moves and Abilites 101New Moves and Abilites 107

To get the ball rolling, here's an idea of mine:

Possess Ghost - 5pp - 65 acc
The user of this move vanishes from the field of battle, possessing the target for 1-3 turns. Possessed targets cannot switch out, and lose 25% of their max HP each turn. (does not work on other Ghost-types.)
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xArc_Knightx 2014-09-26, 19:27

Twitch Unless The pokemon that is using Possess can still get damaged This Is Way to OP. You only need to use it twice and there dead in 4 turns minimum, regardless of what there HP is. really all you need is a higher speed stat and there good as gone.
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-09-27, 12:45

You're right... I thought the low accuracy & low PP would be a power check, but most of these ghosts learn Mind Reader so that's somewhat of a moot point. Still, is there a way to make a move like that work that is not so broken? Maybe it only lasts for 1-2 turns. I picture it working best in doubles. (it would be SUPER broken with Prankster.)
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury45 2014-09-27, 16:07

On the topic of sword-based moves, one of the first things Daikatuna made me think of is iaijutsu, which is a style based on drawing the sword extremely quickly. Maybe a priority Steel-type move called Quick Draw, somewhat in the same range of power of Extremespeed?
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-10-01, 17:33

I like the move but ya its op if it onky lasts for those many turns it may work better Smile
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down