Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself!

+46
CrazyDragon
Dustborn
WubbaG
TFerrooni
Lucian Astaroth
Wylde
sovest555
naxoph0enix
Bekki
tigerthetailor
tadoke
Alastor13
KitBallard
Finno Sheep
shuppetter
TLoATDaE
captaintigidong
KiraSayo
Stuiterbal
Zidlijan
Mercury45
LoverIan
frpenguin
fireferrets
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1
Sheenar
Owliye
comet
sacrifair
Deviousluxray
Kaufee
Vuro
Involuntary Twitch
Kalorian
CodyMKW
recklessgr
Knightmarez
Chrisinlight
CpChan
PKMNTrainerToken
alakazarn
xArc_Knightx
BadgerLordZeus
~JV~
Dedenne1
50 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself! Empty Introduce yourself!

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-03-10, 19:02

New to the forums? Tell us a few words about yourself to break the ice! Older members can welcome new members to make them feel at home.

I'll start: I'm Twitch! I'm a girl who lives in the northeast USA. I'm currently attending college and I like to make pixel art and Pokemon fangames in my free time. I also like electronic music and skiing! You can find me on Tumblr here: oripoke.tumblr.com
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself! Empty Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Mercury45 2014-03-13, 01:03

I'll introduce myself as well, then.

I'm Mercury, from the midwestern US. I'm finishing up an English major in college which consumes a lot of my time. I don't really use social media as much anymore, in part due to that, but feel free to shoot me a message on this board if you'd like to ask something.

I've been playing Pokemon since the Red/Blue/Yellow days and have just about caught 'em all at some point or another. I like Uranium thanks to its neat designs and efforts to subvert some of the standard Pokemon tropes without going too overboard, and I respect the team's dedication to putting out a quality product that we can enjoy.
Mercury45
Mercury45
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-03-14, 22:37

I'm Dedenne so far that's my current favorite pokemon. I've played pokemon since red, blue, and yellow. I love the anime but the games are the best. I've been following uranium for about 2yrs and can't wait till Beta 4. I also love pokemon obsidian which I found from one of twitches posts on tumblr and pokemon auburn. Which I found from obsidian and one of my favorites pokemon reborn which is just great!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-03-15, 02:37

Hi Mercury and Dedenne, it's very nice to meet you, welcome to the forums!

I'm glad I could introduce you to Pokemon Obsidian, it's one of the best fangames out there made by a cool guy (Atomic Reactor... funny how he isn't the one making Pokemon Uranium version, huh?). I've had my eyes on Pokemon Reborn and Auburn for a while but i have yet to play them, i'll definitely have to give them a try!
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JV~ 2014-03-15, 11:50

Oh, just noticed I forgot to introduce myself! Let's go:

I'm JV and I live in Rio, Brazil! I'm an engineering student and while I'm not on class or studying I like hanging out to drink a beer with friends, play DotA 2 and work on Uranium!

I and Twitch are working on the game since late 2008 and after many ups and downs (read many hiatus periods) we're getting closer and closer to actually finish the game!

~JV~
~JV~
Admin

https://pokemonuranium.forumeiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BadgerLordZeus 2014-03-15, 15:11

Introduce yourself! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqKKJ75zUtoAfm_zzjYjCktgSRVv6OZPIEKsEkYniRtWIQlB-z

My (nick)name's Zeus..... You'd do well to remember that...

I live in the northeast of the United States, currently residing in probably the most aggravating/rage-inducing city in the USA when it comes to weather.

I've been a big fan of Pokémon for years, and I love fangames and Fakemon as well. Other than Pokémon I enjoy playing many different franchises like Mario, Pikmin, Fire emblem, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and my favorite, Zelda.

I love music in general and I'm not very picky when it comes to genre, the only thing I care about is that the band/musician are talented and creative, so if you have any particular favorite bands feel free to recommend them to me.

Other than that I'm just an average teenager doing various teenage activities. School, socialization and hobbies, so yeah, that's pretty much it.
BadgerLordZeus
BadgerLordZeus
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JV~ 2014-03-16, 16:59

BadgerLordZeus wrote:Introduce yourself! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqKKJ75zUtoAfm_zzjYjCktgSRVv6OZPIEKsEkYniRtWIQlB-z

My (nick)name's Zeus..... You'd do well to remember that...

I live in the northeast of the United States, currently residing in probably the most aggravating/rage-inducing city in the USA when it comes to weather.

I've been a big fan of Pokémon for years, and I love fangames and Fakemon as well. Other than Pokémon I enjoy playing many different franchises like Mario, Pikmin, Fire emblem, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and my favorite, Zelda.

I love music in general and I'm not very picky when it comes to genre, the only thing I care about is that the band/musician are talented and creative, so if you have any particular favorite bands feel free to recommend them to me.

Other than that I'm just an average teenager doing various teenage activities. School, socialization and hobbies, so yeah, that's pretty much it.

So there you are, our mysterious wikia helper  Very Happy . Welcome!
~JV~
~JV~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-03-16, 18:08

Hi Zeus welcome to the forum  Very Happy 
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by xArc_Knightx 2014-04-09, 08:56

Hey guys! My name is xArc_Knightx but you can just refer to me as Arc. (TBH I hate my real name but if you want to know that badly just PM me).
I Recently found this game only 5 days ago. It happened sorta like this. "Le me, Afking in Smogon CAP room" "Le me being un-AFK" "Le Me See the words Pokemon Uranium" and long story short, 2 Google searches later and here I am.
I've been through tons of Rom hacks and Pokemon parodies but this one tops them all. I noticed to that the game its self sorta has an Earthbound/Motheresque feel to it, or it might just be me.
A lot of the new Pokemon are great in design and I wish I could hold m,ore than 6 at once. Although some of there names sound a bit dorky TBH (I'm looking at you Smore) There definitely scattered all over the place in style.  You got the Bad ass thunder cloud sheep Baarinette, or the What the heck am i looking at thing that is Tofurang.
And if you haven't noticed yet, my favorite out of all of them is Pajay (who i have affectionately named Kazooie after the respective Video Game Character). Pajay is like all the awesomeness of Talonflame but without the OU getting shoved down your throat.
I definitely Can't Wait to see the 4.0 release and see everything to come.
P.S. I know your probably full to the brim with new Pokemon but I was wondering if you'd take a look at some of my ideas!
P.S.S. I caught Seikamater in a pokeball.
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-04-09, 20:12

Hello there Arc, welcome to the forums! Very Happy

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our game, and it's cool that people are talking about it on Smogon -- to be honest, I approached the Pokemon Showdown developers regarding the possibility of making a customized server with Uranium fakemon, but was swiftly and succinctly shut down; they have many other priorities, it seems. Still, I'd love to be able to have some actual PvP, to test game balance and see how some of these Pokemon fare... I'd be interested to see how Gellin and Dunseraph would work in particular.

You're right on with the Mother guess, too, especially in some of the monster designs. JV and I both really like the Mother games so it's definitely a big influence, we even used some songs from Mother 3 in the soundtrack!

And it's true that we're currently not looking for new fakemon designs right now, but you're welcome to share your ideas with other people here Smile

...I find it hard to believe that you caught Seikamater in a Pokeball... she's supposed to be uncatchable :p but it's possible we overlooked something.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xArc_Knightx 2014-04-09, 20:22

Well.....
Introduce yourself! You_go11

I guess I am just that good.
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by alakazarn 2014-04-09, 21:22

nonchalantly mentions that I help run a fakemon server called fuji labs and I might maybe sort of possibly be able to attempt to get some of the Uranium pokes on for some fun testing.
alakazarn
alakazarn
Barewl
Barewl

http://client.fuji-labs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-04-09, 21:28

alakazarn wrote:nonchalantly mentions that I help run a fakemon server called fuji labs and I might maybe sort of possibly be able to attempt to get some of the Uranium pokes on for some fun testing.
Yo, for real?? I'd totally be down with that! Send me a PM, we can chat about this some more. Very Happy
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by . 2014-04-18, 21:00

I'm . and I live in Sin City! I'm a part time student taking "me" breaks every now and then to help take care of my dad or whenever theirs to much high school drama and BS to handle. When I'm not in class I enjoy smoking cannabis and taking shots with what few friends I have left. I also love fooling around in Photoshop while intoxicated and making some disasterpieces.
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by PKMNTrainerToken 2014-04-30, 12:03

Yo, Token here! Been playing Uranium on and off for a few weeks now and decided I wanted to join the community to talk about how much I enjoy it haha.

As far as the personal is concerned, I'm a fitness instructor for children. Sounds weird and official, but it's more a daycare/teaching position focusing on gymnastics and health. Eh, still sounds weird. Anyways, I've been a Pokémon fan since I first hit double digits in age and am always down for new ways to experience the fandom. One of my favorite things about Pokémon is its fanbase and how creative we can be when inspired by each other.

That being said, I'm glad I can be a part of such an amazing take on a classic series at its early stages and help it grow!
PKMNTrainerToken
PKMNTrainerToken
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by xArc_Knightx 2014-04-30, 14:30

Welcome to the team Man!
My Name is xArc_Knightx. I do a lot of work creating shiny and nuclear sprites, and sometimes egg sprites, for the game. No I didn't make the original sprites. That was Involuntary Twitch. I just give them a fresh coat of paint. Feel free to Stick around! Glad to see we have another Active poster!
xArc_Knightx
xArc_Knightx
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-05-01, 16:10

It's nice to see new active members welcome Smile
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-05-01, 16:11

Oh I too have been a pokemon fan since I was 9-10 I'm into all the games and I love the fairy type and mega evolutions!
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-05-01, 16:52

PKMNTrainerToken wrote:Yo, Token here! Been playing Uranium on and off for a few weeks now and decided I wanted to join the community to talk about how much I enjoy it haha.

As far as the personal is concerned, I'm a fitness instructor for children. Sounds weird and official, but it's more a daycare/teaching position focusing on gymnastics and health. Eh, still sounds weird. Anyways, I've been a Pokémon fan since I first hit double digits in age and am always down for new ways to experience the fandom. One of my favorite things about Pokémon is its fanbase and how creative we can be when inspired by each other.

That being said, I'm glad I can be a part of such an amazing take on a classic series at its early stages and help it grow!
Welcome to the forums, Token! I'm glad you're enjoying our game, we made it so that people would have a good time playing it. Smile
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CpChan 2014-05-10, 15:17

Hiya, all! I'm CpChan. I heard about Uranium a while back and have been following the Tumblr for some time now, and just got convinced to join the forums!

I'm an artist and aspiring animator, as well as an amateur music remixer, I guess? I eventually want to get into game design!

I've been playing Pokemon since I was capable of holding a Gameboy! There was a huge lull in my life, starting around when the DPPT anime was going, where I wasn't interested in Pokemon, but I came back full force in 2010 when Pokemon Black & White were released. I've been a huge nerd over Pokemon ever since.

Anyways, expect me to be around here! I've been interested in Uranium since I first heard about it, and i'm glad to be able to participate!

CpChan
Barewl
Barewl

http://cp-chanblogs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2014-05-10, 21:52

CpChan wrote:Hiya, all! I'm CpChan. I heard about Uranium a while back and have been following the Tumblr for some time now, and just got convinced to join the forums!

I'm an artist and aspiring animator, as well as an amateur music remixer, I guess? I eventually want to get into game design!

I've been playing Pokemon since I was capable of holding a Gameboy! There was a huge lull in my life, starting around when the DPPT anime was going, where I wasn't interested in Pokemon, but I came back full force in 2010 when Pokemon Black & White were released. I've been a huge nerd over Pokemon ever since.

Anyways, expect me to be around here! I've been interested in Uranium since I first heard about it, and i'm glad to be able to participate!

Hey CpChan, welcome to the forums! I'm glad you decided to join, it sounds like you will fit in just fine, we're all Poké-nerds here. Razz
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisinlight 2014-05-18, 20:06

Hi! I'm Chrisinlight, friend of CP-Chan. I love what you've done with this fan game, I originally knew about you guys during the first demo release. Man, you have just… REALLY grown. Proud of you all. Like a weird, non-existent father. Or something.

I love Pokemon, every since I was a little kid. I don't have a favourite generation; love 'em all. So… that explains that. *Cough*

Anyway, hi!
Chrisinlight
Chrisinlight
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JV~ 2014-05-18, 22:09

Chrisinlight wrote:Hi! I'm Chrisinlight, friend of CP-Chan. I love what you've done with this fan game, I originally knew about you guys during the first demo release. Man, you have just… REALLY grown. Proud of you all. Like a weird, non-existent father. Or something.

I love Pokemon, every since I was a little kid. I don't have a favourite generation; love 'em all. So… that explains that. *Cough*

Anyway, hi!

Welcome! It makes me really happy when I find people that are following the game since we first started it Smile. Have a great time here!
~JV~
~JV~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisinlight 2014-05-18, 22:20

Thank you! I like the community here, very friendly. Tell me, how's the Mac port of the game going? I tried making a Wineskin for the demo, and it got maaaaad.
Chrisinlight
Chrisinlight
Barewl
Barewl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedenne1 2014-05-20, 18:26

Welcome to the forum nice to meet u
Uranium is a great game have a nice day
Dedenne1
Dedenne1
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum