Pokémon Uranium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Earth/Sky (storyline)

4 posters

Go down

Pokemon Earth/Sky (storyline) Empty Pokemon Earth/Sky (storyline)

Post by Polaris 2015-05-28, 19:21

All right, I should start off by saying this isn't anywhere near being an actual game. I'd need help for that. That said, I have a lot of storyline work done on it.
Basic points (no spoilers):

• I beat Pokemon Diamond's entire League with my Pokemon in the 40s. It was really disappointing, being essentially done without even getting my Pokemon halfway leveled. That won't happen here. The storyline I have planned out won't end until your Pokemon are in the high 80s at least.
  • I don't like the move towards Pokemon gods as legendaries, partly because that means they'll never live up to their reputations. Legendary Pokemon in this game are characterized by being the wildest and strongest of the wild Pokemon, and they won't be easy to get to. Examples include a legendary falcon on a mountaintop, a legendary king gorilla in the jungle, a legendary shark out in the ocean, etc.
  • Instead of being sent out as a promising young child to fill a Pokedex (though that will be part of it) you play as a new field researcher (still pretty young) working for the Professor. A lot of the game's story will play out on research expeditions, some of which will take you to locations outside the region.
  • For a lot of the story you won't know exactly who the bad guys are. They'll definitely be around, but it won't be clear who they are or what their agenda is. A lot of the story is focused on putting the pieces together.

This is a story I've been working on for a while. I have almost no experience actually putting games together, but if someone wants to work with me, I'd love to have a go at it.
Polaris
Polaris
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Earth/Sky (storyline) Empty Re: Pokemon Earth/Sky (storyline)

Post by Involuntary Twitch 2015-05-31, 12:38

Are you planning to use mostly official Pokemon, or Fakemon? (obviously you plan to include Fakemon legendaries at least...)

If you want to make it using Pokemon Essentials (the same as Uranium... a little more forgiving than ROM hacks), I suggest checking out this video series by Atomic Reactor that details how to use the software to make your own game without needing prior knowledge of how to code. You will need to have RPGMaker XP, which I think is on sale in the Steam store right now (or it was a few days ago).

I like your ideas so far, I'm a big fan of more challenging games, legendaries as big scary monsters, and a slightly different game setup from the norm. Just like Uranium. If you're willing to devote yourself to working on this game, and not give up when you realize how much it takes to create a game of that scale, then you have my enthusiastic support.
Involuntary Twitch
Involuntary Twitch
Admin

http://oripoke.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by h0b099j 2015-06-04, 11:29

That basic premise sounds awesome, If you actually pursue it I think it will turn out well!
h0b099j
h0b099j
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bocajian 2015-06-04, 12:20

I played around with RPG Maker XP (used to make Uranium and some other fan games) a bit while contemplating making a game. The main thing stopping me was that I don't have a creative enough mind for a full game. I would be happy to give it a go, but we would need a spriter if you would want fakemon.
Bocajian
Bocajian
Seikamater
Seikamater

Back to top Go down

Post by Polaris 2015-06-04, 12:49

That would be great. I can't commit myself to it at the moment because I'm looking for another job and my free time will depend entirely on what it is. I should be in a lot better position in a week or so. I recently (read: yesterday) had a breakthrough on the story, so I'm kind of excited to get on this right now. If you want to pitch in I'd love the help. Just give me a week or so.
Also, we would need a spriter. I'm not currently planning on a huge number of Fakemon (not like this game or anything) but there would probably still be at least forty. Maybe more, as I'm still working things out. I could do it myself in a pinch, but I'm nowhere near the level of people like Twitch, so I'd prefer not to. I could PM you with more details on the story if you want, since I'm being intentionally cagey on public forums to avoid spoilering (if in fact it becomes real).
Polaris
Polaris
Baashaun
Baashaun

Back to top Go down

Post by h0b099j 2015-06-04, 12:52

I could try helping spriting If you guys get this rolling, I would love to help. I am not incredibly experienced or anything like that but I have a lot of time on my hands.
h0b099j
h0b099j
Tofurang
Tofurang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bocajian 2015-06-04, 12:55

Polaris: Yeah go ahead and PM me. I'm still figuring out my summer job (which should also be hopefully figured out in about a week) so I don't have a set schedule yet either.
Bocajian
Bocajian
Seikamater
Seikamater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down