Theriamp @ Life Orb
Adament Nature
Energizate
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def

• Earthquake
  • Ice Punch
  • Body Slam Quick Attack
  • Swords Dance

Theriamp has a very interesting ability. Energizate is much like Pixelate and Refrigerate, in that it changes all normal type moves to Electric. This allows you to forego the powerful recoil inducing physical electric moves, and instead pick up a normal move and get STAB bonus with it. Body Slam is a great choice with this ability, giving you a base 85 power with 100% accuracy, with no drawbacks on the ability. Ice punch gives you a good coverage of ground types which are 4x against Theriamp, as well as picking up Grass which is super effective. Earthquake is a powerful sweeper move in general, and covers Theriamp's Steel weakness as well. Swords Dance is for being able to set up if you are given the opportunity.

So what do you guys think? I would like to see someone put out an Explosion move set, seeing as Explosion profits from Energizate causing it to also benefit from STAB.

Edit: After doing some research it appears that Energizate does in fact increase STAB damage from affected moves. This moves Quick Attack to mandatory in this move set in my personal opinion

Last edited by Dustborn on 2015-04-30, 05:24; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting)
Dustborn
Tofurang
Tofurang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Pokemon] Theriamp

Post by sovest555 on 2015-04-30, 00:43

Maybe run Return rather than Body Slam? With a base of 102 at max Friendship, it will probably hit much harder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Planned team after v5
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sovest555
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

View user profile http://ourpurestdarkness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WubbaG on 2015-04-30, 03:13

Body Slam can paralyze though, but my question is why would there be a speedy sloth? Sloths are the most lazy, slow animals on Earth...
WubbaG
Seikamater
Seikamater

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/WubbaG

Back to top Go down

Post by FrunErbee on 2015-04-30, 04:50

But Theriamp is a drugged sloth! xD

And what about switching swords dance for quick attack? Then you get a priority move with STAB, I think could be another option.
FrunErbee
Palij
Palij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustborn on 2015-04-30, 04:56

I actually put a lot of thought into Quick Attack. If Energizate is like Pixilate/Refrigerate/Aerilate and boosts power by 30% then it is definitely worth taking Quick Attack. Although there I would need one of the devs to confirm this.

If that IS indeed the case then Quick Attack will be mandatory imo.
Dustborn
Tofurang
Tofurang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WubbaG on 2015-04-30, 05:20

If the Sloth has Energizate why doesn't the mammoth have Refrigerate? Then Stomp would be good for him...
WubbaG
Seikamater
Seikamater

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Astaroth on 2015-04-30, 12:51

Well the mammoth kinda needs the protection from super effective cos of the 4x weakness to fighting
Lucian Astaroth
Tofurang
Tofurang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sovest555 on 2015-04-30, 12:55

Dustborn wrote:I actually put a lot of thought into Quick Attack. If Energizate is like Pixilate/Refrigerate/Aerilate and boosts power by 30% then it is definitely worth taking Quick Attack. Although there I would need one of the devs to confirm this.

I am sure that if Assault Vest becomes a thing in Uranium, running Return AND Quick Attack will be good.

Planned team after v5
sovest555
Inflagetah
Inflagetah

View user profile http://ourpurestdarkness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JV~ on 2015-04-30, 16:02

Dustborn wrote:I actually put a lot of thought into Quick Attack. If Energizate is like Pixilate/Refrigerate/Aerilate and boosts power by 30% then it is definitely worth taking Quick Attack. Although there I would need one of the devs to confirm this.

Yep, that's the case. The 30% boost is real.
~JV~
Admin

View user profile http://pokemonuranium.forumeiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WubbaG on 2015-04-30, 16:17

JV, why doesn't Dermafrost have Refrigerate + Body Slam?
WubbaG
Seikamater
Seikamater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down